Windows 10: Email was removed by an "alias"

Discus and support Email was removed by an "alias" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Im signing in here through my wifes account because my email "No longer exists". I got a text saying "Primary alias changed from my email to xyz. Not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KellySpa, Mar 30, 2020.

1. KellySpa Win User

Email was removed by an "alias"

Im signing in here through my wifes account because my email "No longer exists". I got a text saying "Primary alias changed from my email to xyz. Not Correct? Visit...…went to said website and still couldn't do anything. All this after finding out that a Microsoft Tablet of about $1300 was purchased 2 days prior. Tablet was cancelled but somehow being shipped to my house address? I haven't gotten through to Microsoft on the phone. Am I SOL with my email now that its been removed by this scumbag?

:)

KellySpa, Mar 30, 2020

2. Microsoft account email alias problem

i changed the alias and removed the default one, so now i have only the new one in the list...the default one that was their is gone

i did not know that removing the default alias would mean i would lose my original email address, because now my original email adress isnt working.

and on top of that, my new alias or should i say new email address isint recieving emails... over 20 years of usuing the same email address and its gone because i thought a alias was just a display name.

Steven Campoli, Mar 30, 2020
  3. I would like to change my windows live account which was a vz email acct that now has an outlook.com alias and start over with only a windows live login/ no alias.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I will certainly help you.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove an alias

I suggest you to refer to the section Remove an alias from your account from the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/add-alias-account

Step 2: To create a new account.

• Click on Go to Outloo.com on this page.
    • Click on Sign up now.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you

Abdul_Malik, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Email was removed by an "alias"

Email Alias Problem

I will cut to the chase.

We have an office 365 subscription that is connected to our on-premise AD. I have set up an email with an alias to receive inquiries that will go directly to our ticketing system. Our goal for creating the alias is to separate the tickets that are being addressed to another department of our company.

When the sender comes from outside our domain/company and the recipient is the alias email, it will be received by that email as the alias mail. But the concern is when the sender is from within our domain and the recipient is the alias email.
    The received message will be redirected to the main email address which is causing our problem.

Shottas202, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Email was removed by an "alias"

1. Email was removed by an "alias" - Similar Threads - Email was removed

2. Trying to change primary email alias to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to change primary email alias to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but...: Trying to change my primary email address to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but says email is already taken but it’s my new email address. How do I change from current address as it will be deleted soon?...
  3. Trying to change primary email alias to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to change primary email alias to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but...: Trying to change my primary email address to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but says email is already taken but it’s my new email address. How do I change from current address as it will be deleted soon?...
  4. Changing email name for alias emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email name for alias emails: Is it possible to change the sender name of an alias email in Outlook.com to another name, and keep the rest set to my account name?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-name-for-alias-emails/f3aa281b-d089-4023-a44c-8a589952ba15
  5. Changing email name for alias emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing email name for alias emails: Is it possible to change the sender name of an alias email in Outlook.com to another name, and keep the rest set to my account name?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-name-for-alias-emails/f3aa281b-d089-4023-a44c-8a589952ba15
  6. Changing email name for alias emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Removing an Alias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing an Alias: When I go to manage my account there are 2 aliases. One is my Outlook email address and the other, which I'm not sure how it was created, is a shortened version of my outlook email. I want to remove the the shortened version and just have my Outlook email as my identity....
  8. Email Alias Problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Email Alias Problem: I will cut to the chase. We have an office 365 subscription that is connected to our on-premise AD. I have set up an email with an alias to receive inquiries that will go directly to our ticketing system. Our goal for creating the alias is to separate the tickets that are...
  9. Alias email addresses

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Alias email addresses: I want to add my primary email address as an alias and remove the current alias. But when I attempt to, the system comes back with "email address already taken" even though its my primary email address. How do I get around this?...
  10. Remove an alias email account from outlook.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove an alias email account from outlook.: I had an old email address which had been superseded when the ISP was taken over, and the address became an alias. I had some unwelcome spam on it so I had the ISP delete the address, however it still appears on the outlook screen. I am running Win 10, and MS Office 2010...