Windows 10: emails disappear from mail in windows 10

Discus and support emails disappear from mail in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am still using my current windows 7 computer whilst I set up my new windows 10 based computer. Emails appear through the "mail" option in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobG46, Jan 14, 2020.

1. RobG46 Win User

emails disappear from mail in windows 10

I am still using my current windows 7 computer whilst I set up my new windows 10 based computer. Emails appear through the "mail" option in windows 10 but drop off as soon as they appear in my current w 7 based computer through microsoft outlook. They appear in "mail" w 10 about 2 minutes before they appear in my current w 7 computer.

So the only way that I can read emails currently is through my current computer. Is this a bug in w10 "mail"?

I would appreciate any assistance to be able to read emails in both computers for a while until I swap over to the new computer.

:)

RobG46, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your e-mail accounts are disappearing from the Windows Mail app. We will look into this for you. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you better, we’d like to ask you a few questions.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?
    2. How many email accounts are added to the Windows Mail app?
    3. Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

We can try a few steps and check if it helps.

Refer this article on
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and try all the methods except method 5 and check if it helps.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let us know the results at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Jan 14, 2020
  3. garyb0125 Win User
    garyb0125, Jan 14, 2020
  4. FionaSCA Win User

Emails disappear in Windows Mail in Windows 10

Hi I've just bought laptop with Windows 10 and set up my POP3 email account in Windows Mail. But the emails I receive disappear after a day even when I don't delete them.

After years of using the Mail app in Windows Vista where I could keep emails indefinitely I find this very annoying.

I have deleted mail account and set it up again numerous times and also changed the mailbox sync settings to Download Mail from Anytime which has been suggested in other posts but it hasn't helped. Is there any solution?

FionaSCA, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. emails disappear from mail in windows 10 - Similar Threads - emails disappear mail

2. Email has disappeared from Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email has disappeared from Mail for Windows 10: All the mail has disappeared from my Mail for Window 10 inbox and sub folders. It's all there in Outlook as well as the email host site. New emails are not appearing in Mail. How can I restore my saved emails and begin receiving new ones. Thanks...
  3. Email has disappeared from Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email has disappeared from Mail for Windows 10: All the mail has disappeared from my Mail for Window 10 inbox and sub folders. It's all there in Outlook as well as the email host site. New emails are not appearing in Mail. How can I restore my saved emails and begin receiving new ones. Thanks...
  4. Email has disappeared from Mail for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears

gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears: I have configured windows 10 mail application with my google email address. I sent a mail. I got an acknowledgement email back in reply, but the sent email has disappeared. Its not in sent mail, sent items, or all mail. I've also checked on mail.google.com directly. The...
  6. Emails disappear in windows10 mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Emails disappear in windows10 mail: Hello I am using win 10 mail programme on my surface book for my emails. I noticed that many times the emails just disappear!! I have seen the heading and when i come to open it fully, i cant find it anywhere at all! Pl help Thanks...
  7. Email links disappear from forwarded emails using Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Email links disappear from forwarded emails using Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Mail is the preferred way to send email in Win 10, but we find it not to be as useful as Windows Live Mail. Having said that, since upgrading to Win 10 on some machines and getting new machines with Win 10, we are finding email links are disappearing on...
  8. Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing

Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing: I have several outlook.com email accounts configured on the Mail app in Windows 10. But every now and again, I find that one or two of the accounts are no longer reflected and then the only alternative is to add them back again. Why is that so? Would it be to some sort of...
  9. Emails disappearing from Microsoft Mail or Yahoo

Emails disappearing from Microsoft Mail or Yahoo: I use to use Microsoft's Mail app, the one that comes with Windows 10. I was using it as a front end for Yahoo, but now I mostly use just Yahoo's web email separately. One of these mail programs is removing emails. I have 5 folders where a large number of important emails...
  10. windows mail app emails disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    windows mail app emails disappeared: Suddenly my e-mails for the past two days have disappeared. They were in the 'inbox' then suddenly the most recent date was two days earlier, I looked in the 'deleted' folder and they are not there, nor at they in any other folder. There are some important messages that I...