Windows 10: Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app

Discus and support Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Emails are vanishing when moved to folders which I created but others move to the same folders without problem. Both the missing emails contained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GailFarmer1, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app

Emails are vanishing when moved to folders which I created but others move to the same folders without problem. Both the missing emails contained attachments. How can I see why this is happening?

:)

GailFarmer1, Jan 9, 2020
  2. gpstoloff Win User

Problems with syncing on Windows 10 mail app

On my W10 Mail app, for your second case, I need to manually resynch each of my accounts individually before the offending items will disappear.

gpstoloff, Jan 9, 2020
  3. vallero Win User
    cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, Jan 9, 2020
  4. vallero Win User

Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app

windows mail app emails disappeared

Suddenly my e-mails for the past two days have disappeared. They were in the 'inbox' then suddenly the most recent date was two days earlier, I looked in the 'deleted' folder and they are not there, nor at they in any other folder. There are some important messages that I would like to recover. Is it possible?

thanks in advance for any suggestions

vallero, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app

1. Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app - Similar Threads - Emails disappearing moved

2. Disappeared Email Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappeared Email Folder: One of my outlook folders disappeared overnight. The folder still exists in hotmail but all the emails are gone. The folder is empty. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappeared-email-folder/a4020537-1515-407e-ab7a-507d9d17ee37
  3. Windows 10 Mail app does not have the function to search for folders when moving an email

Windows 10 Mail app does not have the function to search for folders when moving an email: Hello, The issue in subject is a problem as we are using many email folders in our system hundreds!. When moving an email from the inbox to its 'destination folder', we have to go through the entire list of folders. This is a tedious ineffective way of doing that. Comparing...
  4. moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail

moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail: I cannot figure out how to move an email to folders in Windows Mail 10. These are folders that were originally created in a Gmail account and now show up under folders option. I click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the email panel, select move, and none of...
  5. gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears: I have configured windows 10 mail application with my google email address. I sent a mail. I got an acknowledgement email back in reply, but the sent email has disappeared. Its not in sent mail, sent items, or all mail. I've also checked on mail.google.com directly. The...
  6. Sent emails disappearing on Mail app

Sent emails disappearing on Mail app: I have a Surface Go 2 running Windows 10 Home, and the latest version of the Mail app. The app was working properly until today. Today, when I compose and send an email through Mail, one of two things happen. One, the email simply disappears. It does not show up in Sent...
  7. Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing

Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing: I have several outlook.com email accounts configured on the Mail app in Windows 10. But every now and again, I find that one or two of the accounts are no longer reflected and then the only alternative is to add them back again. Why is that so? Would it be to some sort of...
  8. email content disappeared in mail and calndar app

in Windows 10 Customization
    email content disappeared in mail and calndar app: hi the email and calendar content disappeared suddenly . when I open mail and calendar app in windows 10 , I can see my email accounts added but cant send receive emails and cant see older emails in any of the email accounts...
  9. Emails folders/disappearing emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emails folders/disappearing emails: Set up several folders to save pertinent emails once they have been read. The emails in about half of the folders have disappeared, folders are empty. A search for those emails comes up with nothing. All the folders were set up at the same time, using the same method....
  10. windows mail app emails disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    windows mail app emails disappeared: Suddenly my e-mails for the past two days have disappeared. They were in the 'inbox' then suddenly the most recent date was two days earlier, I looked in the 'deleted' folder and they are not there, nor at they in any other folder. There are some important messages that I...