Windows 10: emails not going to deleted folder

Discus and support emails not going to deleted folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Office Outlook ever since Dell tech reinstalled my whole computer, the emails in Office Outlook-- when I delete an email, it goes into the "trash"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackAllen7, Dec 19, 2019.

1. emails not going to deleted folder

In Office Outlook ever since Dell tech reinstalled my whole computer, the emails in Office Outlook-- when I delete an email, it goes into the "trash" folder instead of the deleted folder.

The same when deleting Junk email, they go into the trash folder instead of the deleted folder. At the end of the day nothing is in the deleted folder.

How can I correct this?

Thanks

:)

JackAllen7, Dec 19, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused emails not going to deleted folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well emails not going to deleted folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 19, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 19, 2019
  4. emails not going to deleted folder

Recovering a deleted email from the deleted items folder or Recycle Bin

Thank you for the suggestion. The only message I find at the bottom of the message list in the deleted items folder is "To find older messages, use Search". My search did not work.

Thanks.

ChandrasekarapuramRSubramaniam, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

emails not going to deleted folder

1. emails not going to deleted folder - Similar Threads - emails going deleted

2. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my emails deleted from their folders?: Every time I receive an email that I would like to keep I place it in a selected folder. I have Windows 10 and under the email Folders File I have listed other files that I can file the emails I want to keep.Example: I have a file labelled "Receipts" and I place all of my...
  3. Accidentally deleted an email folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted an email folder: I accidentally deleted an email folder. I have set up rules for hundreds of email addresses to go into this folder. I now can't recover the folder and my rules are no longer working due to no destination folder being there. This is inundating my inbox. I really don't want to...
  4. Windows Mail sends emails ok but instead of the emails going into the Sent folder they go...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail sends emails ok but instead of the emails going into the Sent folder they go...: Windows Mail sends emails, using my outlook.com or my gmail.com email addresses, fine but instead of the sent emails going into the Sent folder they go into my Spam folder. I then have to move them from Spam to the Sent folder. Anyone else having this problem?...
  5. Recover deleted email folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover deleted email folder: Had a senior moment and deleted one of my email folders windows live mail 2012, instead of a single item. I have tried various methods via the net to no avail. Any help to retrieve the folder will be much appreciated....
  6. Windows 10 email - deleting folders, deleting emails from folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 email - deleting folders, deleting emails from folders: Windows 10 email has deleted all my folder from my mail. I re-added a number of folder which are all still there but now the emails that have been put in there have been deleted also. It is doing this by itself... Help...
  7. How to go about deleting WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to go about deleting WindowsApps folder?: I installed forza on my games drive and after uninstalling it I still have Windowsapps and WpSystem, Wpsystem just doesn't respond when I try to delete it and Windowsapps tell me I don't have permission. Anyway I can go about deleting these? 131125
  8. emails go to delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    emails go to delete: I have tried several setting changes but all the emails in the inbox don't stay and go directly to delete. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-go-to-delete/ebd95311-83c0-4df2-9b0c-f30e59b3218b
  9. Permanently deleting emails from the deleted folder in the email set-up that comes with...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permanently deleting emails from the deleted folder in the email set-up that comes with...: Can anyone help with this? All 3000+ emails just reappear overnight, no matter which way I delete them-singly or all at once. Thanks. KaKaKaty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-deleting-emails-from-the-deleted/a67022cf-ba00-4963-a85b-4df21dec319a"
  10. Saved emails not going to my Drafts folder?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Saved emails not going to my Drafts folder?: For some reason, emails that I am writing that I close and save are not going to my Drafts folder. I checked the setting in Outlook, lowered the number of minutes needed before its saved to 0 and directed it to my Drafts folder but still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...