Windows 10: Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.

Discus and support Emails not showing in Mail unless in view. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A while back I had this same issue, which I was only able to fix by removing accounts, uninstalling, rebooting and setting Mail up all over again. It... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Access Denied, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.

A while back I had this same issue, which I was only able to fix by removing accounts, uninstalling, rebooting and setting Mail up all over again.

It has happened again today. Now when a new email comes in, Mail will not show a notification or alert me at all until I click Mail to show the window. This is rather annoying and going through all that removing/uninstalling is more trouble than worth keeping the program.

My question is... has anyone else had this issue and did you fix it another way?

:)

Access Denied, Feb 12, 2020

2. Issue with Signing out on Mail in Windows 10, emails are not showing in Mail app

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) When you say Gmail is connected to Mail, so email shows up, Are you trying to say, no emails shows up?

2) Are you able to view the Emails, when you login to your Gmail account/dell account, through browser?

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot sign out form Email account through Windows 10 Mail app. However, you can remove the account from the Mail app.

Since, the emails are not showing up in Windows 10 Mail app, is it might occur if the Emails are not getting synced with Mail app.

I suggest you to performing Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 12, 2020
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.

Email PDF attachments not showing up on my Windows 10 Mail platform???

Hi Dianne,

• With which Email account you're facing this issue?
    • What is the file format of those attachments?
    • Did you tried accessing the account on Web browser?
    This issue might have occurred due to corrupted mail app settings. As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I suggest you to Run the App Troubleshooter -This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with the
    Windows Store and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, try the below steps.

Change the Sync Settings in the Mail App and check.

• On Search, click on “Mail” to open the Mail App.
    • Click on “Settings”.
    • Click on “Accounts”.
    • Click on your email account from the list of accounts.
    • Select the option “Email” under the section “Change mail box Sync settings”.

Let us know the status of Mail app issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.

1. Emails not showing in Mail unless in view. - Similar Threads - Emails showing Mail

2. windows 11 mail app shows the email using the search, but regular viewing the inbox doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 mail app shows the email using the search, but regular viewing the inbox doesn't: My Yahoo and mail accounts are connected to Windows Mail.Windows 11 mail app shows the email using the search, but regular viewing the inbox doesn't show some dates.eg. shows the emails from until the 06 March and 10 March. Not showing emails in between.Some other emails not...
  3. windows 11 mail app shows the email using the search, but regular viewing the inbox doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 mail app shows the email using the search, but regular viewing the inbox doesn't: My Yahoo and mail accounts are connected to Windows Mail.Windows 11 mail app shows the email using the search, but regular viewing the inbox doesn't show some dates.eg. shows the emails from until the 06 March and 10 March. Not showing emails in between.Some other emails not...
  4. Windows mail app suspends itself - not getting emails unless window is active

Windows mail app suspends itself - not getting emails unless window is active: Lately, my Windows Mail App on Windows 10 suspends itself when the window is not open shown with a green leaf next to it in task managerThis means I don't get emails unless the window is open.I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still getting the same problem.It is allowed to...
  5. Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail

Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail: I am using the Windows Mail app for my gmail account emails. All was working fine until a few days ago when suddenly the content of my sent emails started disappearing. My recipients are getting the full email and any replies include the email I sent but when I go into sent...
  6. Emails not showing on mail

Emails not showing on mail: I am having an issue with my mail program. Whenever I receive an email on one of my accounts, it will be there for a short time, roughly 10 minutes, and then it will get automatically deleted. It cannot be seen anywhere within the program, even within the deleted section....
  7. Yahoo Mail shows basic view

Yahoo Mail shows basic view: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  8. Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the...

Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the...: I have over 50 folders set up in my hotmail account, along with many filters that direct incoming emails into those folders so that they only appear there and not in the main inbox, allowing me to easily see at a glance what the topics of new emails are (and thus make a...
  9. Emails showing twice in Sent mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Emails showing twice in Sent mail: Hi I am having an issue with emails showing twice in my sent box. This is on windows 10 build 1809 using mail app with exchange account. What I have done so far is: Reset the app Machine is up to date Only on this as works normal with online or outlook. Tried to delete...
  10. Mail App crashes when viewing emails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App crashes when viewing emails: Hello there, new to the forums, and in need of a bit of help. I've come across a strange issue where my mail app will abruptly close/crash when trying to view any emails on any accounts. As well as crashing when trying to input text into the text field of the email itself....