Windows 10: Emails not showing on mail

Discus and support Emails not showing on mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having an issue with my mail program. Whenever I receive an email on one of my accounts, it will be there for a short time, roughly 10 minutes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaetanoCappello, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Emails not showing on mail

I am having an issue with my mail program. Whenever I receive an email on one of my accounts, it will be there for a short time, roughly 10 minutes, and then it will get automatically deleted. It cannot be seen anywhere within the program, even within the deleted section. When the email is accessed from another source the deleted emails are still in the inbox. I at first thought this was an issue with the sync feature, but I went through all of the settings and ensured that the sync is set to work with all items and isn't just syncing with more recent email. I also ensured that it is properly connecting to the email account in question, as it is still receiving the emails, it is just removing them after a short time. I have no idea what could be causing this issue and was wondering if I could receive any insight as to what I could possibly do to fix this. Thank you for your time.​

:)

GaetanoCappello, Apr 11, 2020

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Mail not showing under Settings->Notifications

Many thanks bro, those steps helped
    I will ensure to hit the Dismiss button whenever that banner shows up...lesson learnt...hahaha.

onlytanmoy, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Emails not showing on mail

Email PDF attachments not showing up on my Windows 10 Mail platform???

Hi Dianne,

• With which Email account you're facing this issue?
    • What is the file format of those attachments?
    • Did you tried accessing the account on Web browser?
    This issue might have occurred due to corrupted mail app settings. As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I suggest you to Run the App Troubleshooter -This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with the
    Windows Store and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, try the below steps.

Change the Sync Settings in the Mail App and check.

• On Search, click on “Mail” to open the Mail App.
    • Click on “Settings”.
    • Click on “Accounts”.
    • Click on your email account from the list of accounts.
    • Select the option “Email” under the section “Change mail box Sync settings”.

Let us know the status of Mail app issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Emails not showing on mail

1. Emails not showing on mail - Similar Threads - Emails showing mail

2. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  3. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  4. Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly: Greetings! Some emails in my mail application for Windows do not show the content correctly. Instead, it shows the html source code. This doesn't happen with all the emails, but about 30% of the emails I get and 100% of email notifications from reddit are like this. Any idea...
  5. Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly

Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly: Greetings! Some emails in my mail application for Windows do not show the content correctly. Instead, it shows the html source code. This doesn't happen with all the emails, but about 30% of the emails I get and 100% of email notifications from reddit are like this. Any idea...
  6. Mail app doesn't show email body in Hebrew

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app doesn't show email body in Hebrew: I have Hebrew installed on my Windows 10 PC and when I look at my Gmail account from the browser, it displays Hebrew in both the email title and body. But, when I use the Mail app, it only displays the title in Hebrew. The body is gibberish. How do I fix this? Thanks...
  7. Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.: I had my older brother set up an account on my computer, if he wants to use it, and now when i go to the email app on my account, it shows his emails, which i don't want to see, 1 for privacy reasons, 2 There doesn't seem to be a way to switch to MY email on the app. Help?...
  8. Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail

Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail: I am using the Windows Mail app for my gmail account emails. All was working fine until a few days ago when suddenly the content of my sent emails started disappearing. My recipients are getting the full email and any replies include the email I sent but when I go into sent...
  9. Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.

in Browsers and Email
    Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.: A while back I had this same issue, which I was only able to fix by removing accounts, uninstalling, rebooting and setting Mail up all over again. It has happened again today. Now when a new email comes in, Mail will not show a notification or alert me at all until I click...
  10. Emails showing twice in Sent mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Emails showing twice in Sent mail: Hi I am having an issue with emails showing twice in my sent box. This is on windows 10 build 1809 using mail app with exchange account. What I have done so far is: Reset the app Machine is up to date Only on this as works normal with online or outlook. Tried to delete...