Windows 10: Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Emails get stuck from outbox to Drafts with this message: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Muhammad Jawad Bashir, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App

Emails get stuck from outbox to Drafts with this message:

"We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."

Forward option is disabled too, How to resend it?

:)

Muhammad Jawad Bashir, Feb 20, 2020

2. Draft Emails Disappearing in Windows Mail

Hi,

An outdated Mail app is one of the possible causes why the Draft folder is not working properly. To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

Method 1: Remove and re-add your account. Here's how:

• Go to Start menu
      and open Mail.

• At the bottom of the left navigation pane, select
      Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App 9f8ebfea-62ec-479d-b9ca-c54496a6ead0.png

Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App a77010aa-10f1-4aa5-9539-9bd24ee0ea8d.png

• Select Manage Accounts.

• Select the account your want to remove, and select Delete account from this device.

• Add the account again. For more information, see Set up email
      in Mail for Windows 10

Method 2: Run for Windows Update. Go to Startmenu, and select Settings > Update and security > Check
    for updates

Method 3: Reset the app. Please follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu, and select Settings > Apps > Mail and Calendar.

• Select Advanced options > Reset.
    Note: Please save your credentials and important data. Resetting the app will go back to it's default state.

For more information, you may refer to the Troubleshooting Mail and
    Calendar apps for Windows 10
    article.

After doing the said steps, please try to recreate your concern and check if the test messages will be stored in Draft folder.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

-If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.-

Raymond Ave, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Emails saved to drafts while still typing using the Windows 10 Mail APP

Hi Pat,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

• When exact this happens, while composing a new email or while replying/forwarding to emails or with both?
    • Is the issue confined with composing a new email or replying/forwarding to one particular sender or domain or with all?
    • Is that the only primary account configured in Windows 10 Mail App or it is an additional account?
    • If yes, then is that a Microsoft account? if not, then please specify.
    If that is an additional account, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Delete-an-email-account-from-Mail-and-Calendar-apps-dba65c49-648d-4d76-9f88-b7bc22a2cc3d

Please keep us updated with the status of the Windows 10 Mail App, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App

How to remove attachments from a draft email on the windows 10 mail app

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I understand you want to delete the attached files on a Draft mail on the Windows 10 Mail app. I suggest you to open the Mail App and select the
    Drafts folder. Further open the mail and the attachment would be listed on the mail. Hover your mouse over the attachment, you will see a cross sign (X) on it. Click on the cross sign and the attachment will get removed from
    that mail.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App

1. Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Emails stuck Drafts

2. Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created: I saw a message in another thread that has what appears to be my exact issue. That thread is locked so I can't comment further but I tried the solutions listed and am still at a loss. I just recently upgraded to windows 11 and that is when this problem started. I am using...
  3. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  4. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  5. WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP - STUDENT EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP - STUDENT EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX: Hello,I am using LENOVO Ideapad 3 for about 2 years. I have used the mail app that came with the laptop which was working well.. I am using 2 email account one personal, one school email from the mail app. However, recently, I realised that my school email is unable to send...
  6. WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP - STUDENT EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX

WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP - STUDENT EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX: Hello,I am using LENOVO Ideapad 3 for about 2 years. I have used the mail app that came with the laptop which was working well.. I am using 2 email account one personal, one school email from the mail app. However, recently, I realised that my school email is unable to send...
  7. Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created: I am using Windows Mail which I vastly prefer to Outlook however on one of my accounts I am getting sent messages stuck in the Outbox and multiple blank drafts created. The account is through my business domain provider.Restarting my computer allows the message to send but I...
  8. Vanished Draft in Mail App

Vanished Draft in Mail App: I was typing a draft in the Mail app on Win 10 when it suddenly vanished. It doesn't appear in the Trash folder, it wasn't sent, how might I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vanished-draft-in-mail-app/d2fd68a2-fcdd-4aa0-8ef8-54afcd0bc11d
  9. Emails stuck in Outbox of Mail app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Emails stuck in Outbox of Mail app on Windows 10: [ATTACH]You have multiple email accounts set up in the Mail app on Windows 10 […] This article Emails stuck in Outbox of Mail app on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts: A few weeks ago I ran into a problem where I would write an email from my Gmail account using the Windows 10 Mail client, press send and it would disappear. It was not sent (tested by sending to another personal account) and not stored in the Sent folder. I solved it by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why windows mail is not sending mail saving as drafts

2. why does win 10 mail send my sent emails to draft

3. how to send mails from drafts win 10 mail

4. windows 10: We werent able to send this message so weve put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large.,
  5. We werent able to send your email so have put it into Drafts Folder,
  6. we werent able to send this message so weve put it in your drafts folder. before you try sending it again you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large.,
  7. why is my WIN 10 email app automatically generating Drafts ,
  8. sending multiple emails from drafts in windows 10