Windows 10: Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10

Discus and support Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We produce videos for clients, and we deliver mp4s with embedded captions. In Quicktime on a Mac, the embedded captions are viewable and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blair M. (LARC-E5)[LAMPS, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10

We produce videos for clients, and we deliver mp4s with embedded captions. In Quicktime on a Mac, the embedded captions are viewable and even controlled by a CC button in the playback bar. However, when that same file is viewed on a PC ( Windows 10), neither the embedded captions or the CC toggle button are available. Because we know that the captions are there (we can take the file back from the PC and put it on another computer or upload it to Youtube & Facebook and still have the CC option available), what do we need to do to make them available for those viewing the files on PC.

Our desire is not to address this by telling the user that they have to have a caption file, text file, etc. If Windows 10 cannot read what is there, please help us find an authoring solution to deliver a file whose captions can be read on Windows 10.

Help!

:)

Blair M. (LARC-E5)[LAMPS, Apr 29, 2019

2. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Richard Win User
    How do I get Picasa showing MP4 videos?

My research suggests that in order to get MP4s visible in Picasa (on Windows 10) I need to either install QuickTime or a codec pack.

Both options aren't particularly appealing (for security and stability reasons).

Is there another way to get MP4 videos displayed in Picasa?

(Changing photo software isn't an option)

Richard, Apr 29, 2019
  4. alwann Win User

Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10

Embedded videos freezing

Recently I installed Windows 10, upgrading from 8.1. Now videos embedded in emails freeze after playing for a few seconds. Mainly it's the ads that often precede and accompany shared videos that are freezing, but when this happens, I can't get beyond them to see the shared vid. This occurs with all browsers that I have tried, e.g., MSN, Google, IE. Suggestions?

alwann, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10

1. Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Embedded captions mp4

2. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  3. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  4. codec for mp4 video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  5. Windows 10 Video Editor and Caption issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Video Editor and Caption issues: I am having trouble with my video editor... I want to put indifferent captions throughout the movie which is long.. The first caption worked but then when I try to do another in a different frame and I click on "text" it goes to the text section but the words are still there...
  6. MP4 video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 video not playing in Windows 10: MP4 video not playing in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-video-not-playing-in-windows-10/0670a6ab-2af4-4ec5-a7bf-a34bc96d50ee
  7. Embedded videos freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Embedded videos freezing: Recently I installed Windows 10, upgrading from 8.1. Now videos embedded in emails freeze after playing for a few seconds. Mainly it's the ads that often precede and accompany shared videos that are freezing, but when this happens, I can't get beyond them to see the shared...
  8. Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11: Hi everyone, I love a good problem, but despite googling and searching for other users with the same problem, it persists. Firstly - Windows 10 Home Build 15063.296 8gb ram 64 bit IE11. I have Accelerated Graphics ticked. I have Flash addon enabled(latest version...
  9. Sleep for embedded videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep for embedded videos: Anybody know why Windows Media Player music and videos suspend sleep for the duration of the song/clip but browser embedded videos don't? (tried window and full screen). Is this by design or a bug?? This seems illogical and a darned nuisance to boot. 2601
  10. Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10: Hi All, My website is using Windows Media Service for video streaming. It works well for IE on Windows 7 and 8. But it won't play the video after I installed the Windows 10. Can anyone help for the issue? PS. My website is provide video streaming like Windows Media test...