Windows 10: embedded link in email

Discus and support embedded link in email in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 and cannot open embedded links in emails.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KatharineEhresman, May 12, 2021.

1. embedded link in email

I am using windows 10 and cannot open embedded links in emails.

:)

KatharineEhresman, May 12, 2021
  2. I_QC Win User

Download Embedded Images From Emails

I'd like to see the ability to download pictures to the device, which have been embedded in an email (as opposed to attached).

QC

3. davedale Win User
    images embedded in email text

I have a new Lumia 520. I receive my emails on the phone via an account which I set up on the phone using POP 3. My problem relates to images with the emails. ( In Email Settings, the option to ' Always download full message and
    Internet images ' IS ticked ).

1. Images which accompany the email as an attachment can be opened without problem.

2. Images which arrive embedded in the text of the email are not downloaded with the email. In the position within the text where the image should be is a small icon which is of a page with the bottom right hand corner turned
    up. Tapping or holding this icon does nothing.

A suggestion that the embedded image was too large was refuted by finding the same problem when the image was very small. I have searched this discussion forum but the only references to the same problem that I can see are over
    2 years old and may not relate to Windows 8.1

Could you please confirm whether or not my phone supports downloading of images embedded in email text ? Any suggestions for resolving the problem would be welcome. Thank you.

davedale, May 12, 2021
  4. weybrew Win User

embedded link in email

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

embedded link in email [​IMG]

embedded link in email [​IMG]

weybrew, May 12, 2021
Thema:

embedded link in email

1. embedded link in email - Similar Threads - embedded link email

2. Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.: I have Windows 11 - when I select an email link embedded in a message or other notification I am sent to Windows webmail for my response. I would prefer to use Outlook. How do I change the default so my system directs email links so they go to my Outlook account?...
  3. Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.: I have Windows 11 - when I select an email link embedded in a message or other notification I am sent to Windows webmail for my response. I would prefer to use Outlook. How do I change the default so my system directs email links so they go to my Outlook account?...
  4. I am prevented from opening embedded links to other sites in emails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am prevented from opening embedded links to other sites in emails.: The msg I get states my 'organization's policies' are preventing this action and to check with my 'help desk'.This is a personal computer.There is no 'organization' or 'help desk', just me.How can I correct this setting?...
  5. I am prevented from opening embedded links to other sites in emails.

I am prevented from opening embedded links to other sites in emails.: The msg I get states my 'organization's policies' are preventing this action and to check with my 'help desk'.This is a personal computer.There is no 'organization' or 'help desk', just me.How can I correct this setting?...
  6. I am prevented from opening embedded links to other sites in emails.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Email with Embedded HTML Received As Plain Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email with Embedded HTML Received As Plain Text: Using MAIL for Windows to access my AOL email. This has worked perfectly for years. Recently any email with embedded HTML code comes through as plain text; showing the HTML code but not interpreting it. When I go into AOL directly the email appears correctly with the proper...
  8. Links in email

Links in email: When I click on a link in an email, a window full of code pops up. I click again and the link opens up. How do I get rid of the box of code that comes up first ? 169087
  9. Links in emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links in emails: I routinely receive notices from court clerks advising that a new pleading or motion has been filed in a case in which I am involved. These emails contain a link that should take me directly to the newly filed document. However, the links are not active. How do I activate...
  10. Held Emails for Suspected Virus Embedded Information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Held Emails for Suspected Virus Embedded Information: Staff, My email, having some attachments, has been held because of suspected virus embedded information. Evidence of email holding is provided in the following: From: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***]...