Windows 10: Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint

Discus and support Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot play an embedded .mp4 video in PowerPoint on one of my computers, but it plays perfectly on another computer. The video is present on both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DennisFindorff, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint

I cannot play an embedded .mp4 video in PowerPoint on one of my computers, but it plays perfectly on another computer. The video is present on both computers and I embedded it in PP on each computer. I'm using PP 365. Is this a codec issue?

:)

DennisFindorff, Sep 18, 2019
  2. SkipPalma Win User

Problem with HP 15 video within Powerpoint, plugged in charger and not plugged in

When computer not plugged, the embedded videos in Powerpoint play at correct size. When HP 15 is plugged in the embedded videos are zoomed in.

SkipPalma, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Entegy Win User
    Office Mobile Powerpoint playing audio?

I believe it will only play embedded sounds. Linked sounds (links to sounds file that's stored elsewhere) does not work on PowerPoint mobile.

See in
    embedded VS linked sounds
    in PowerPoint help.

Entegy, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint

Over saturated video in Powerpoint

Hi Bruno,

To better investigate this behavior, could you provide the following information:

• Your detailed OS version and Office version. (PowerPoint>File>Account>Product Information)
    • Please create a new presentation and insert a new video to see whether the issue occurs with particular presentation/videos.
    • Please confirm whether this behavior occurs when you open the video with other player rather than insert and play it in PowerPoint.

Regards,

Zixuan

Zixuan Yuan MSFT, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint

1. Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint - Similar Threads - Embedded video playing

2. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  3. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  4. Powerpoint embedded audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powerpoint embedded audio: I have a powerpoint file that has an embedded audio file which I want to remove and insert my own audio file. I can manage to remove the embedded audio file, using the zip option, but then when I try and play the file without the embedded audio, Powerpoint will not play...
  5. Playing You tube video in powerpoint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Playing You tube video in powerpoint: I am unable to play a You Tube video inserted in a PowerPoint slide. I get message that Internet Explorer has been disabled even though I am using Edge....
  6. videos embedded in New York Times articles won't play on Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    videos embedded in New York Times articles won't play on Chrome: I can't get videos to play on Edge, Opera, Canary, or Chrome. My OS is Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-embedded-in-new-york-times-articles-wont/68b41772-fa9e-4735-a9ac-867bc6ac46d9
  7. Embedded videos freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Embedded videos freezing: Recently I installed Windows 10, upgrading from 8.1. Now videos embedded in emails freeze after playing for a few seconds. Mainly it's the ads that often precede and accompany shared videos that are freezing, but when this happens, I can't get beyond them to see the shared...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE when playing embedded videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE when playing embedded videos: This BSOD has been plaguing me for awhile now. It happens in a variety of weird instances. Playing videos embedded in web pages Playing videos in Steam Opening the League of Legends Launcher Most recently, I began playing Overwatch and in game, changed the graphics...
  9. Sleep for embedded videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep for embedded videos: Anybody know why Windows Media Player music and videos suspend sleep for the duration of the song/clip but browser embedded videos don't? (tried window and full screen). Is this by design or a bug?? This seems illogical and a darned nuisance to boot. 2601
  10. Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10: Hi All, My website is using Windows Media Service for video streaming. It works well for IE on Windows 7 and 8. But it won't play the video after I installed the Windows 10. Can anyone help for the issue? PS. My website is provide video streaming like Windows Media test...