Windows 10: Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10

Discus and support Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, My website is using Windows Media Service for video streaming. It works well for IE on Windows 7 and 8. But it won't play the video after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RikerKao, Sep 2, 2015.

1. RikerKao Win User

Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10

Hi All,
    My website is using Windows Media Service for video streaming. It works well for IE on Windows 7 and 8. But it won't play the video after I installed the Windows 10. Can anyone help for the issue?

PS. My website is provide video streaming like Windows Media test (Not my site)

Many Thanks.

Riker
    September 3, 2015

:)

RikerKao, Sep 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 streaming wmv files over the web vs downloading them using the Edge browser

Hi..., ...and thanks, but you're not addressing the issue of streaming .wmv video files. I understand Edge and Windows 10 has no provision for streaming .wmv files. Total bummer, ...and why not? Windows 7 and Internet Explorer was able to. Why on earth
    did you do that, ...take away that option. For my part, I have hundreds of embedded .wmv files on my web pages, ...and now they won't play in your new browser.
    Web Server's Default Page Bummer ...disaster for me.

WesleySeavey, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 streaming wmv files over the web vs downloading them using the Edge browser

Thank you, and I've done what you've stated here finding the .wmv box checked by default, but this is not helpful at all. Honestly I don't know why you even would give an answer like this when you know it won't work. .wmv files will not stream except
    if they are embedded and using Internet Explorer, the Edge browser will not, and where there is embedded video, the page won't load properly. This is extremely disturbing along with the other invasive and very destructive things you've done to me upgrading
    to Windows 10. Did you really have to do that? ...forcing downloading rather than the ability to stream video? My website has hundreds of videos for people to stream, but I guess not any more. This is really cruel...

WesleySeavey, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10

1. Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Embedded wmv streaming

2. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  3. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  4. WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files

WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files: Hello all, Tried searching but couldn't find similar posts. WMP in Windows 10 will play audio but no video for all WMV files. It just started 1-2 weeks ago. I actually did a clean install and downloaded some codec packages to no avail. Anyone have similar issue or know a...
  5. Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint

Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint: I cannot play an embedded .mp4 video in PowerPoint on one of my computers, but it plays perfectly on another computer. The video is present on both computers and I embedded it in PP on each computer. I'm using PP 365. Is this a codec issue?...
  6. Embedded videos freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Embedded videos freezing: Recently I installed Windows 10, upgrading from 8.1. Now videos embedded in emails freeze after playing for a few seconds. Mainly it's the ads that often precede and accompany shared videos that are freezing, but when this happens, I can't get beyond them to see the shared...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE when playing embedded videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE when playing embedded videos: This BSOD has been plaguing me for awhile now. It happens in a variety of weird instances. Playing videos embedded in web pages Playing videos in Steam Opening the League of Legends Launcher Most recently, I began playing Overwatch and in game, changed the graphics...
  8. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...
  9. Sleep for embedded videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep for embedded videos: Anybody know why Windows Media Player music and videos suspend sleep for the duration of the song/clip but browser embedded videos don't? (tried window and full screen). Is this by design or a bug?? This seems illogical and a darned nuisance to boot. 2601
  10. Windows 10 does not play WMV video files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not play WMV video files: Hi Having recently updated to Windows 10, I am astonished (annoyed) to discover Windows 10 does not play WMV video files, particularly those created using Windows Movie Maker. There doesn't seem to be very much advice on this on the net and the following is short list of...