Windows 10: Embedded YouTube links allow full YouTube Access under Microsoft Family Safety

Discus and support Embedded YouTube links allow full YouTube Access under Microsoft Family Safety in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have been using Microsoft Family Safety for some time. For the most part it works well, but there are those scratch my head instances like the one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelWeb, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Embedded YouTube links allow full YouTube Access under Microsoft Family Safety

We have been using Microsoft Family Safety for some time. For the most part it works well, but there are those scratch my head instances like the one that I am going to describe here. We added YouTube to the blocked website list. It blocks the website when typed into the browser or when a link is clicked. If my son, however, clicks on an embedded link, such as one that shows the video screenshot, it takes him to the page and then he has full access to the site. Why can't family safety block access when it is clicked on in this manner? I have seen other posts that reference this issue in some manner or other. Please do not answer unless you have an actual workaround.

:)

MichaelWeb, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Have you tried manually removing YouTube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which YouTube might not be included. So, to have YouTube exempted
    on the list, please follow the steps below.

• On any computer, sign in to the
      Family Safety
      home page with your Windows Live ID.
    Click Edit settings under the name of the child/member whose settings you want to change, and then click
    Web filtering lists. Under Allow or block a website, type or paste into the box the web address of the website that you want to block. Select an option from the list, and then click
    Add. Click Save.

Don't forget to refresh your Family Safety settings to update the changes you made on the website. To refresh the settings, login to the Family Safety client installed on your PC and click the
    Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if YouTube is now accessible or not.

Refer the link below

Filter inappropriate apps and games on Windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 15, 2020
  3. windows 10 family safety not blocking youtube

Hi,

Have you tried manually removing Youtube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which Youtube might not be included. So, to have Youtube exempted

Family Safety
    Click Edit settings under the name of the child/member whose settings you want to change, and then click
    Web filtering lists. Under Allow or block a website, type or paste into the box the web address of the website that you want to block. Select an option from the list, and then click
    Add. Click Save.

Don't forget to refresh your Family Safety settings to update the changes you made on the website. To refresh the settings, login to the Family Safety client installed on your PC and click the
    Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of ?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if Youtube is now accessible or not.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Embedded YouTube links allow full YouTube Access under Microsoft Family Safety

Windows 10 PC with Family Safety Enabled Won't Block Youtube

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

Have you tried manually removing Youtube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which Youtube might not be included. So, to have Youtube exempted

Family Safety
    Add. Click Save.

Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of ?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if Youtube is now accessible or not.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Embedded YouTube links allow full YouTube Access under Microsoft Family Safety

1. Embedded YouTube links allow full YouTube Access under Microsoft Family Safety - Similar Threads - Embedded YouTube links

2. MS Family Safety YouTube Block Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Family Safety YouTube Block Not Working: I'm trying to block YT from an individual with some issues. I've tried putting the domain in using multiple methods ... hell I don't care if I have to block Goggle in it's entirety since we use DDG.What I am asking for is a way for MSFS to block YouTube from even showing. I'm...
  3. Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety: Hello Everyone, Please, how do I allow an app purchase from Store on Desktop for my daughter she needs my permission for, when all it does in MS Family Safety after clicking "allow" is that the page gets refreshed with the same two options allow/deny? She wants to install...
  4. Only allow specific video links on Youtube with Family Safety

Only allow specific video links on Youtube with Family Safety: We have tried granting access to specific urls on websites such as Youtube and Pinterest but once one permission is given, access to the entire domain is open. How can we allow access to specific urls instead of entire domains?...
  5. how to block Youtube on Microsoft family

how to block Youtube on Microsoft family: my son is 14 year very savvy pc gamer... we have found that microsoft family is the best way to control the time he spends in front of hi computer. he has in own Msoft email, windows login for his computer. but when he is attending virtual class he has Msoft teams in one...
  6. Unable to block youtube using family safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to block youtube using family safety: Going through https://account.microsoft.com/family/settings/content-restrictions and blocking youtube.com does not work. It works with other webistes, but not specifically youtube. I tried all variations of youtube with http and https or www and everything you can think of....
  7. Family and YouTube access

Family and YouTube access: Hi I have allowed the access to YouTube site to my kids 9 and 11 yrs because with the home schooling they need to watch videos not always available with YouTube Kids. They usually log in to our family pc with their own Microsoft account, I manage their accounts and...
  8. Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube

Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube: My daughter can't access YouTube, it redirects her to a YouTube kids message. I've allowed content for 16 year old on her Microsoft Family settings, and have even tried allowing all content. She is using Windows 10S, so her only browser is Edge. Additionally, it only blocks...
  9. Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing

Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing: I have Family Safety setup for my children and configured for whitelisting urls only. I have set up a YouTube playlist for my children on my youtube account and added the link in their Content Restrictions > Web browsing > Always Allowed websites. I have found that from...
  10. Youtube Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube Access: Hi, I cannot access YouTube as every time I attempt to use it, a blank page comes up and states - 'Cannot securely connect to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s...