Windows 10: Embedding a hyperlink in an image when clicked it opens local shortcut

Discus and support Embedding a hyperlink in an image when clicked it opens local shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have something very similar to this that has worked for years as a kind of pictorial menu for websites. But it does so by linking a website URL to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Embedding a hyperlink in an image when clicked it opens local shortcut

I have something very similar to this that has worked for years as a kind of pictorial menu for websites. But it does so by linking a website URL to the image so that clicking the image opens your browser taking people to the URL
    What I need now is a way to make an image become a gateway to a local hyperlink, like a shortcut to a folder on the local system.

I have not had much success adapting it to work with Local Shortcuts *Sad
    I tried other alternatives such as creating an Icon file from the picture and using it for the shortcut. While this works, it isn't of much use since the icon image is so small no one can tell what it is.

I then decided to try putting the images onto the pages of a Word Document, This looks OK but Word has a block on using embedded hyperlinks. Clicking it brings up a scary warning about hyperlinks in Office being dangerous.
    After looking at various ways to disable these warnings I found that most of the 'fixes' are 'hit and miss' and seem to work for some people some of the time. I could never be 100% certain that a User would not see that big red DANGER warning.

If it can be done, I would rather display the png files at a size than be of use and have them set to open to a specific local folder when clicked. Just as the others do for specific websites. But the website "menu" program, while extremely simple, does not seem to be of much use for a local hyperlinks. It was intended to be displayed on a Web-page to start with. The index.php file for the Menu Display page was made to embed the correct URL into each image. If there is a similar way to do the same in a windows folder for local shortcuts i have not been able to find it

:)

questorfla, Feb 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 email embedded hyperlinks not opening

Just loaded Windows 10 as an upgrade. Use IE and gmail for email. Embedded hyperlinks to website in the email don't open; the new windows store opens and says I need a new app to open the hyperlink. Then when you search for the app it messages back saying
    can't find a an "about" app.

Anybody know how to correct this?

Josiedog21, Feb 1, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Feb 1, 2020
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Embedding a hyperlink in an image when clicked it opens local shortcut

Single-click or double-click?

Yes.

Thema:

Embedding a hyperlink in an image when clicked it opens local shortcut

1. Embedding a hyperlink in an image when clicked it opens local shortcut - Similar Threads - Embedding hyperlink image

2. Open Image File using Hyperlink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Image File using Hyperlink: I store my photos in folders according to data Month or day depending and location.MS Photos works fine for me when opening an image file by double click from Windows Explorer. I can browse the image folder using previous/next navigate buttons.I am saving image data in an...
  3. Open Image File using Hyperlink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Image File using Hyperlink: I store my photos in folders according to data Month or day depending and location.MS Photos works fine for me when opening an image file by double click from Windows Explorer. I can browse the image folder using previous/next navigate buttons.I am saving image data in an...
  4. Embedded hyperlinks not working in MS Word 2010 when printed to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Embedded hyperlinks not working in MS Word 2010 when printed to PDF: I have been using MS word for over 20 years. I am running Windows 10 with tons of ram and MS Word 2010. There is a fatal problem when printing doc or docx containing hyperlinks to PDF. I tried both Adobe Acrobat 9 and Microsoft PDF printer. This bug occurs in either PDF...
  5. Shortcuts or hyperlinks not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shortcuts or hyperlinks not working in windows 10: Hello my problem is that in my windows the built-in links that let you open a system app for example windows features are not working and I need my information so I cant reinstall windows any solutions?...
  6. Hyperlinks in Office will not open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hyperlinks in Office will not open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is...: Has anyone resolved this issue where Hyperlinks in Office products such as PowerPoint and Outlook won't open when Chrome is set as default but will open when IE is set as default? submitted by /u/sunfrogz [link] [comments]...
  7. Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?: Windows 10 home, laptop. In Outlook things have always worked FINE... Open mail, read mail, delete mail, normal mail stuff. When necessary, click Unsubscribe link in an email and follow it. This afternoon, suddenly, can't follow links. Outlook throws up a popup that says:...
  8. Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink

Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink: Hello - I have one computer on build 17763.475 version 1809, the rest are version 17763.437. On this particular computer whenever you click on an external hyperlink, excel closes. I have read several forums where it says to remove the "god-mode" folder, but I don't see...
  9. Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message

Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message: Hello, I know this is a common issue. Would someone please help with the reg edit instructions or other solutions for this problem? Thank you so much. I downloaded a firmware update for my Brother printer today and an Abode reader update. After restarting, when I click on a...
  10. Hyperlinks in outlook will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyperlinks in outlook will not open: There seem to be many posts with problems in this area, but I have not seen an answer that I can understand and which seems to address my particular problem. i am using Windows 10 with Outlook 2013 and Firefox as my web browser. When i try to open hyperlinks I receive the...