Windows 10: Embedding font in to PDF

Discus and support Embedding font in to PDF in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JNel88, Nov 4, 2021.

1. JNel88 Win User

Embedding font in to PDF

Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I have been looking in to whether we can embed this font in our PDF without any additional license, and I can't find a clear answer. This topic is discussed here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/fonts/font-faq#document-embedding and I am wondering since Segoe UI font embeddability is Editable, that there is no restrictions in using this font in a PDF? A snippet from that article states: The brief answer: If an application follows th

:)

JNel88, Nov 4, 2021

2. pdf of Word 2016 File shows non-embedded fonts which weren't used

Hi JT,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the application doesn't work as it should.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• Do you have Adobe software suite installed on the computer?

However, follow these methods to check if that helps.

Method A: As you are exporting the file as PDF, suggest you to open the Word Doc and go to File >Print > under printer option select Print to PDF. Check if that helps.

Method B: After creating a document, go to File >Save as > select PDF under save as type > Select Standard (publishing online and printing) option in the Save As dialog > click on Options> Uncheck Bitmap text when fonts may not be embedded.
    This will embed a subset of the font in the PDF, meaning that only the font characters actually used in your document are embedded. This normally makes it impossible to edit the PDF using the embedded font.

Now try to print this PDF to check if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Print to PDF file size and font embedding

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 Ent 64 Bit and we are using an ERP software that prints invoices to PDF files.

On Windows 8.1 the pdf files were 70 kb in file size.

Now on Windows 10 the pdf files are 350 kb in file size. (5 x bigger)

On Windows 8.1 the ERP native pdf writer was used (AmyUni 4.5) which created 150 dpi files and uses font embedding.

On Windows 10 the Windows native Print to PDF writer is used which creates 600 dpi files and does not use font embedding.

I can uninstall the Print to PDF writer in Windows 10 but my ERP software use it's native pdf writer and throws an error.

Is there a possibility to enable font embedding on the Windows PDF printer? I already found how to change the dpi settings using registry settings but can't seem to find the font embedding feature.

I must say that the Windows 10 PDF writer isn't very professional and is too basic. We create 100's of pdf files a day and now they take up 5 times more space then they used too. I am NOT amused :'(

MikeBellemans, Nov 4, 2021
  4. MisterEd Win User

Embedding font in to PDF

How to get Win10 & Word/PDF to recognize a font (or embed it)

I created a test Word document using the Steelfish font.
    I selected Save As > PDF (*.pdf)
    I opened the pdf file with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
    I checked to see what fonts were embedded in it.
    In the menu:

• Select File
    • Select Properties
    • Select Fonts tab

Embedding font in to PDF [​IMG]

MisterEd, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

Embedding font in to PDF

1. Embedding font in to PDF - Similar Threads - Embedding font PDF

2. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file: hi Microsoft Team, I want to report the Chinese fonts display problem in PDF files.Below is the similar case I saw in community.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/edge-pdf-chinese-characters-display/10349b0f-3ee9-436e-bc94-6351be088cc8But I think it...
  3. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file: hi Microsoft Team, I want to report the Chinese fonts display problem in PDF files.Below is the similar case I saw in community.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/edge-pdf-chinese-characters-display/10349b0f-3ee9-436e-bc94-6351be088cc8But I think it...
  4. Embedding font in to PDF License Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Embedding font in to PDF License Question: Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I have been looking in to whether we can embed this font in our PDF without any additional license, and I can't find a clear...
  5. Embedding font in to PDF License Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Embedding font in to PDF License Question: Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I have been looking in to whether we can embed this font in our PDF without any additional license, and I can't find a clear...
  6. Embedding font in to PDF License Question

7. Embedding font in to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Embedding font in to PDF: Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I have been looking in to whether we can embed this font in our PDF without any additional license, and I can't find a clear...
  8. Embedding font in to PDF

Embedding font in to PDF: Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I have been looking in to whether we can embed this font in our PDF without any additional license, and I can't find a clear...
  9. Embedded hyperlinks not working in MS Word 2010 when printed to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Embedded hyperlinks not working in MS Word 2010 when printed to PDF: I have been using MS word for over 20 years. I am running Windows 10 with tons of ram and MS Word 2010. There is a fatal problem when printing doc or docx containing hyperlinks to PDF. I tried both Adobe Acrobat 9 and Microsoft PDF printer. This bug occurs in either PDF...
  10. Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF: So I had a user suggest this, and after a (brief) Google search I didn't find anything concrete, so I wanted to ask here. Is there an add-in or a way that we can right-click an embedded image in an email (in Outlook for Desktop, Office 365 version) and print or save that...