Windows 10: Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders

Discus and support Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I just reassigned my default Pictures, Videos, Documents, etc. folders to folders on my secondary drive to save space on my performance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KennyBatson, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders

Hello!

I just reassigned my default Pictures, Videos, Documents, etc. folders to folders on my secondary drive to save space on my performance drive. All the little emblems updated for each folder, except for the Pictures and Documents folders, and my OCD isn't liking it. It's not a big deal, but I assume there is a simple fix. It is helpful to have those emblems so that I don't accidentally delete the files thinking they are excess, unused files.

What can I do?

:)

KennyBatson, Sep 4, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Documents folders appearing under Videos Folder

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion but in doing so it started moving masses of data from the documents, pictures and downloads folders to another location. I don't believe this was necessary so I cancelled the process.

My documents, pictures, music etc reside on my E: drive, yet for some reason the Videos folder was still on the C: drive. I tried to change this but obviously assigned the folder incorrectly which has screwed everything up. Reassigning the videos folder
    location happened instantly without moving/copying any data so I would assume undoing this mistake should not need to copy any data.

Thanks

StaceRogers, Sep 4, 2019
  4. RonV42 Win User

Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders

This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture folder is both "Pictures". The location in properties show both linked to the physical pictures location on my drive (D:"account"\pictures). So I have two questions:

1. How to rename these two icons to make one Pictures and the Videos?
    2. How to fix the issue where updating one with the location changes the other?

I am attaching a picture showing what I am currently seeing.

Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders [​IMG]

RonV42, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders

1. Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders - Similar Threads - Emblems Assigned Documents

2. The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...: I was having trouble logging in - Windows was refusing to do this even though everything had been fine for years. In playing with the computer I created a temporary user. But then things got straightened out and I could log into my account. The trouble is, the standard...
  3. The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...: I was having trouble logging in - Windows was refusing to do this even though everything had been fine for years. In playing with the computer I created a temporary user. But then things got straightened out and I could log into my account. The trouble is, the standard...
  4. The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  6. Add system folder like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add system folder like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc?: Hello! I started making games in Unity and I want to create a system folder called "Games". I created one in my "C:/Users/(myname)/" folder, and found out how to change the icon (here's a pic). Kind of obsessive, I know, but is there any way to make it have a folder as part...
  7. Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives

Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives: I've recently got a new laptop with SSD and HDD. When the laptop arrived, all the user library folders such as Documents, Pictures etc were set up to be on the C: drive SSD, all linked to OneDrive. I wanted to move them on the the HDD, which is something I've managed fine on...
  8. Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.

Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.: I've been trying to move the location of these kinds of folders, but simply can't, windows tells me that there's a folder that can't be moved. I looked all over the internet for solutions, and everywhere they say to change de registry, which I did, but it didn't work. My C:/...
  9. Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc: You might want to check out this tutorial also Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
  10. OneDrive Syncing with Local Documents/Pictures/Videos/Etc Folders

OneDrive Syncing with Local Documents/Pictures/Videos/Etc Folders: Hello all, I've been searching for the last couple of weeks and haven't exactly found what I am looking for--I may need a third party app, but we shall see. I have two computers--a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10 Pro. My desktop's storage is basically...