Windows 10: Embroidery File download and conversion

Discus and support Embroidery File download and conversion in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded designs from web based company and downloads show desired extension of PES but in my laptop downloads they all have converted to NGS. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaWard9, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Embroidery File download and conversion

I downloaded designs from web based company and downloads show desired extension of PES but in my laptop downloads they all have converted to NGS. I am using windows 10, 64 bit and that ALL my designs, new and older are now ngs. I went back to the sites i use and redownloaded all of my orders while being very careful that I had checked PES format. I tried My Editor but even following their step my designs remain in ngs and I have tried in vain to transfer to flashdrive by saving as pes, brother format. I am desperate to learn how to convert my designs without having to spend hundreds of dollars. I feel somewhat stupid that I cannot get this accomplished but noone I am acquainted with does machine embroidery so I am reaching out to you. Can anyone assist me ?

* Moved from IE10/other

:)

LindaWard9, Nov 17, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

downloading embroidery designs

Hi Judy

Embroidery designs generally need specific software to open then and if Windows 10 is in S mode, most likely you cannot install that software to view the embroidery designs, you would need to switch Windows 10 out of S Mode . . .

Before you do that, right click one of those embroidery designs and choose Properties

At the top of the resulting dialog, what is the file extension listed in File Type?

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    download .PES machine embroidery

Hi Gwynne,

You will find those Pes files in your Downloads folder - it is just Windows is mixed up and thinks they are media files . ..

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left click the Downloads folder

On the right you will find those Pes files, you can then copy them out of that folder and use hem on your Embroidery software or Embroidery machine . . .

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Embroidery File download and conversion

EMBROIDERY FILES

I purchased pes embroidery files which I downloaded to my usb unfortuantly the coloe chart is not a pes file how do I change it?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

sherolminer, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Embroidery File download and conversion

1. Embroidery File download and conversion - Similar Threads - Embroidery File download

2. Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails: How do I get thumbnails of .pes designs to show? I have embroidery software that allows this, it's set as my default program when opening the files, but I don't get thumbnails when searching/looking at my catalog of designs. This would be very helpful and allow me to narrow...
  3. File Conversion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Conversion: Does Microsoft provide an app that converts WMA files to MP3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/030b5b16-f4f4-46bc-b412-48571a7bf4b9
  4. File Conversion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Conversion: Does Microsoft provide an app that converts WMA files to MP3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/030b5b16-f4f4-46bc-b412-48571a7bf4b9
  5. File Conversion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. downloading embroidery designs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading embroidery designs: I have an Asus laptop that is in Microsoft Safe Mode. I am trying to open files on my thumb drive. It is asking for a Windows app. Any clues of what I need?...
  7. File conversion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File conversion: Procedure for converting FAT files to NTSF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/ede6c6f9-faca-4b37-8785-86b37fb2bce8
  8. embroidery files

embroidery files: I recently purchased a new computer and receive an error of "path too long for most of my files I have downloaded, making these files I have purchased useless. I have tried to shorten the file name but cannot because it is still in zip mode. what can I do?...
  9. File conversion

File conversion: Is it possible to convert a jpeg file to one that can be amended?. e.g. Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/59d78d68-5ea5-46e9-b040-bb5af59b8921"
  10. download .PES machine embroidery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download .PES machine embroidery: Why can't I download .PES files for machine embroidery now? I have done it in the past now I just get a message about Windows Media Player...