Windows 10: Emby Media Server

Discus and support Emby Media Server in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I have installed Emby Media Server as a try out. It's not for me, but how do I get rid of it. It doesn't show in "add or remove programs". I now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by enfield250, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Emby Media Server

Hello!
    I have installed Emby Media Server as a try out.
    It's not for me, but how do I get rid of it.
    It doesn't show in "add or remove programs".
    I now want to give Plex another go, but I need to remove Emby.
    I used to use win10, but that now doesn't seem to work.
    Cheers,

:)

enfield250, Nov 5, 2018

2. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Media/File Server on the cheap

Since I am not able to help too much with this(except I have to say I do like the case you have chosen), I leave you this video for inspiration[yt]TtWfTrY-Wug[/yt]
    ​bump ....to get this server going!

dank1983man420, Nov 5, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Emby Media Server

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Emby Media Server

1. Emby Media Server - Similar Threads - Emby Media Server

2. Media server stops?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Media server stops?: I run the latest version of Windows 10 Professional. Media server is enabled, and works fine when the computer is active showing the desktop. Sleep, hibernation, and hybrid sleep are all set to never. The screen blaks after 10 minutes. Drives are set to never shut down. With...
  3. Windows as a media server with VM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows as a media server with VM: Hi I got an old Asus U46E with a i7-2620M and 8go ram (looking to update the ram) I'm using it a media player (mostly streming with emby and, netflix) with some google search. For now i have an ubuntu with Pihole, the emby server, pivpn, and a bit more Is there some stuff...
  4. can not uninstall emby? version 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not uninstall emby? version 1903: I uninstalled it, said it was removed. But it continues to show in the list of installed programs. Then when uninstalling again, it gives me this error. So it is uninstalled but it still shows its name in the list. Would reinstalling Emby and doing another uninstall get rid...
  5. can not uninstall emby? version 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    can not uninstall emby? version 1903: I uninstalled it, said it was removed. But it continues to show in the list of installed programs. Then when uninstalling again, it gives me this error. So it is uninstalled but it still shows its name in the list. Would reinstalling Emby and doing another uninstall get rid...
  6. media servers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media servers: i have around 40 media servers showing, all are grayed out. How can I get rid of all these ghosts ? My media section on the netgear genie has been all unchecked and server name removed....
  7. Media Server Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Server Software: Hello! I have been using my pc as a Media Server from my Sharp Smart Tv. However it is very hit and miss. Like this morning, first of all the TV couldn't see the pc as a server, then after a couple of minutes it could. Then it could see the directories but not the files, then...
  8. Media Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Server: Hello! I have a Sharp Smart Tv that I used to stream my photos, music and videos to. However now when I try to access the "Media Server" from the tv, I get "No server Found". I have checked the tv and no updates have been performed. The pc which is running Win 10 Home,...
  9. Genie Media Server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Genie Media Server: Does anyone know the product code for Genie Media Server? I'm trying to uninstall it ... but it's not on my Programs and Features list. The Fixit utility asks me for the product number....
  10. Media server not showing folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media server not showing folders.: Hi I will try to explain this as good as i can, when i'm accessing my media library on the computer with my phone it does show all movies/songs in the same folder. I have chosen to share different folders like, E:\movies E:\kids E:\adults C:\user\*\videos. all those...