Windows 10: [Emergencies] The Search feature in the taskbar at the bottom of my computer suddenly...

Discus and support [Emergencies] The Search feature in the taskbar at the bottom of my computer suddenly... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a Microsoft Independent Community Advisor, responsible for technical support for Windows in Microsoft Community in China.Today, we received... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ling_Gao, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Ling_Gao Win User

[Emergencies] The Search feature in the taskbar at the bottom of my computer suddenly...

Hi, I'm a Microsoft Independent Community Advisor, responsible for technical support for Windows in Microsoft Community in China.Today, we received reports from dozens of users about the "search function in the taskbar is not working properly" issue. Users reported that it would not pop up any search results when they entered anything in the search box. We don't know if this issue only occurs in China, but we have submitted feedback through the FeedBack Hub app.

I sincerely wish Microsoft this issue as soon as possible and thank you all the Microsoft engineers for their efforts!

Best wishes
    Ling Gao - Microsoft Windows Insider, Microsoft Independent Community Advisor.

:)

Ling_Gao, Feb 5, 2020

2. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Feb 5, 2020
  3. I can't find the search for files feature on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Are you referring to the search box in taskbar?

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if you can bring the search box to taskbar.

• Right Click on Taskbar

• Select Search

• Tick on Show search box
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 5, 2020
  4. I_askYou Win User

[Emergencies] The Search feature in the taskbar at the bottom of my computer suddenly...

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. [Emergencies] The Search feature in the taskbar at the bottom of my computer suddenly... - Similar Threads - Emergencies Search feature

2. There's suddenly a flickering on the bottom of the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's suddenly a flickering on the bottom of the screen.: Yesterday, when I booted up my laptop, it's totally fine, then I left it on standby for 2 hours to do some errands, and when I return there's a noticeable flickering/glitching under the taskbar. Followed all the things I can find on the internet and the problem still...
  3. There's suddenly a flickering on the bottom of the screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There's suddenly a flickering on the bottom of the screen.: Yesterday, when I booted up my laptop, it's totally fine, then I left it on standby for 2 hours to do some errands, and when I return there's a noticeable flickering/glitching under the taskbar. Followed all the things I can find on the internet and the problem still...
  4. There's suddenly a flickering on the bottom of the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. pointing mouse to the bottom of the screen, my taskbar pops up all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pointing mouse to the bottom of the screen, my taskbar pops up all of a sudden: it is annoying, is there a way to turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointing-mouse-to-the-bottom-of-the-screen-my/954097ff-8ecb-460e-bb82-cd20778ab26b
  6. pointing mouse to the bottom of the screen, my taskbar pops up all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pointing mouse to the bottom of the screen, my taskbar pops up all of a sudden: it is annoying, is there a way to turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointing-mouse-to-the-bottom-of-the-screen-my/954097ff-8ecb-460e-bb82-cd20778ab26b
  7. *EMERGENCY* IS THIS A VIRUS? *EMERGENCY*

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    *EMERGENCY* IS THIS A VIRUS? *EMERGENCY*: I found this in the registry context menu : Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{48F45200-91E6-11CE-8A4F-0080C81A28D4} Is this a virus of some sort?...
  8. Search field in bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search field in bottom taskbar: Hi there I have made a large update of Windows 10 (which I couldn´t chose myself) and the first thing i find, to my great irritation, is a big white ugly search field to the left of the task bar. How do I remove that? BR, Staffan Söderlund...
  9. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  10. Computer Infection--Emergency!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Infection--Emergency!: Hi There Running Avast 12.3.2280 right now, and Malware bytes for on demand protection Anyways started having System Process using CPU all the way up to 91 percent at times, it's down now, first scan with Malwarebytes found backdoor.spynet in wsusoffline zip file I...