Windows 10: Emergency boot disk use

Discus and support Emergency boot disk use in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell all in one that I made an emergency boot disk for when new. It hasn't been booting on hard drive so I have been using said disk. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesPommerehn, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Emergency boot disk use

I have a Dell all in one that I made an emergency boot disk for when new. It hasn't been booting on hard drive so I have been using said disk. It doesn/t boot every time but once in a while. What do i need to do to get it to boot off C:? again. Oh, also I am not a computer genius. Thanks

:)

JamesPommerehn, Mar 28, 2021

2. Boot Emergency!

No it doesnt show. Only my OS drive.

Its there and it says it running and normal.

Anyway I just had the same boot problem on reboot. Everything was fine 10 minutes ago. Now it wont boot without my manually selecting the drive.

TheMailMan78, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Techtu Win User

Emergency boot disk use

Boot Emergency!

Open the start menu and in the search type "computer management" and click on that once found, now in the new window, the list on the left says "storage/Disk Management" Click on disk management and you'll see a list of your drives, the drive you can not see may need to be activated, you can do this by simply right clicking the correct disk and activating.

Techtu, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Emergency boot disk use

1. Emergency boot disk use - Similar Threads - Emergency boot disk

2. Emergency Management Services EMS: access boot menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emergency Management Services EMS: access boot menu: I would like to access the boot menu using Emergency Management Services EMS.The computer is configured with bootmenupolicy Legacy, in order to display a menu at startup.I have the following boot items:Windows 11 {default}Windows 10Windows 2008 R2I tried to enable EMS for...
  3. How to use Emergency Restart in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Emergency Restart in Windows 11: Did you know that there is an Emergency Restart in Windows 11? The option is kind of hidden, so it's possible you may have not been aware of it. Have you ever run into a situation where your game or applications stopped responding? It is not a common issue these days as it...
  4. Emergency Boot Kit free offer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emergency Boot Kit free offer: Emergency Boot Kit (100% discount) | SharewareOnSale Free to download and register for the next 5 days. (You can use a temporary disposable email address) Direct download link: Code: http://downloads.sharewareonsale.com/files/SharewareOnSale_Giveaway_Emergency_Boot_Kit.zip...
  5. *EMERGENCY* IS THIS A VIRUS? *EMERGENCY*

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    *EMERGENCY* IS THIS A VIRUS? *EMERGENCY*: I found this in the registry context menu : Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{48F45200-91E6-11CE-8A4F-0080C81A28D4} Is this a virus of some sort?...
  6. *EMERGENCY*Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    *EMERGENCY*Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.: Hey, The issue here is that when I open disk cleanup's option, Clean up system files, it takes a lot of time about 30 seconds to display the area where it calculates how much junk I can clean. This also happens with msconfig. When I open msconfig, it also takes a lot of time...
  7. EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE: Hello my NAT type is a MEDİUM. How can I make this OPEN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emergency-assistance/e66a17c8-6c4e-46d0-8b3c-d0f723949b3a
  8. HELP EMERGENCY

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP EMERGENCY: How much storage can this laptop handle with a usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-emergency/c0b6abe2-21e8-4b00-99eb-99ca247b457d
  9. HELP Emergency

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP Emergency: What is the max storage windows10 on my laptop can handle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-emergency/ff9062d3-6b02-44cc-92b3-6c3f0de15f64
  10. EMERGENCY - Boot Loop After Win Update

in Windows 10 Support
    EMERGENCY - Boot Loop After Win Update: Today I updated to latest major win 10 update. But just it finished updating the updayes made my PC go on a boot loop which never boots to the desktop. I tried mamually restarting but the PC keeps boot looping. What do I do???!! 110436