Windows 10: Emergency! Continuous BSOD that won't let me restart (Stop Code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

Discus and support Emergency! Continuous BSOD that won't let me restart (Stop Code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/jiggaboooojones [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hd9hb4/emergency_continuous_bsod_that_wont_let_me/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jiggaboooojones, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Emergency! Continuous BSOD that won't let me restart (Stop Code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

/u/jiggaboooojones, Jun 21, 2020

2. BSOD (stop code)

I didn't receive an error message about the disk. The tutorial told me to insert a disc, go to command prompt and type some code in. I did do it but It didn't work and it just gave me BSOD again.

Kraken Burger, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Forza Horizon 4 Download won`t stop

Hi I have the same problem like a lot of people too: my forza download just won`t stop its size is 62GB and i allready downloaded 140GB.

I cant even find an option to restart the download or something. How do I fix this?

I tried things like troubleshooter, wsreset, sign out sign in and a lot more, nothing helped.

Redeemer22, Jun 21, 2020
  4. SoupSpoon Win User

Emergency! Continuous BSOD that won't let me restart (Stop Code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

Windows BSOD loop: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" after repartitioning and installing Ubuntu Gnome

Windows 10 x64 v1607 won't boot after I reprtition my single 1TB HDD and installed Ubuntu Gnome 16.04.1 LTS amd64. it keeps doing a BSOD "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE".

My exact steps:

1. Boot from Ubuntu Gnome 16.04.1 LTS amd64 on USB drive.
    2. 'Try Ubuntu Gnome' option.
    3. Shrink Windows partition from 850GB to ~= 350GB in GParted.
    4. Move recovery partition (I have created a System Repair Disk) (also in
      GParted)
    5. Create new ~=350GB FAT32 Partition.
    6. Use Ubuntu Gnome installer; use 'install alongside Windows' option. Installer succeeds.
    7. Restart. Grub menu comes up, select Windows. Windows shuts down. I didn't see exactly what happened, but I came back and my PC was competely off. Turn back on.
    8. Grub comes back, Windows again. Windows bluescreens with 'INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE'. Restarts. Automatic Repair fails. Restart.
    9. Choose Windows at Grub again. Same bluescreen. This time no Automatic Repair - just shuts down.
    10. Choose Ubuntu Gnome at grub. Boots successfully.
    11. Restart, choose Windows. Again, bluescreen, no automatic repair.

I can access my Windows partition from Ubuntu Gnome. I created a Restore Point before I started the steps above. Can I use my Restore Point, and if so, how? Or should I use my recovery drive? Or get a fresh Windows image and reinstall?

SoupSpoon, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Emergency! Continuous BSOD that won't let me restart (Stop Code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

1. Emergency! Continuous BSOD that won't let me restart (Stop Code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) - Similar Threads - Emergency Continuous BSOD

2. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  3. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  4. Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service: Tried to start Event Log sevice from a command prompt in Windows 10 and got 'GetLastError' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Event Viewer was running just fine until about a week ago. I'm trying to troubleshoot Windows...
  5. Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service: Tried to start Event Log sevice from a command prompt in Windows 10 and got 'GetLastError' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Event Viewer was running just fine until about a week ago. I'm trying to troubleshoot Windows...
  6. Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Stop code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: My computer keeps restarting over and over again because it “ran into a problem”. I have been watching it restart over and over for the past 30 minutes or more. i had recently updated a usb driver i believe since that was giving me issues before. I got to a troubleshoot...
  8. Continuous BSOD errors with various Stop Codes

Continuous BSOD errors with various Stop Codes: Hi, I have been having BSOD for couple of months now but it has got more frequent. I got BSOD today twice in 10 minutes. - Link to 1st BSOD today: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArU5xwPk5EFTgP8M5FPgxgth4c2G4Q?e=3zFl05 - Link to 2nd BSOD today:...
  9. STOP CODE Inaccessible BOOT device

STOP CODE Inaccessible BOOT device: I am on Windows 10....it was installed over Win 7 a few years ago. Last week I got BSOD for iastor . I was told to rename the driver in Sytem32/drivers to iastor.sys.old, seemed fine after & worked Today I decided to restart comp b/c it had been on for days, just to...
  10. BSOD on boot: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

BSOD on boot: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: I run Win10 64bit on an AS-Rock Q1900-ITX board as a PVR backend and connect to it via VNC as and when required for maintenance. The system runs largely trouble free. Recently I rebooted and noticed it had not come back up. Connected to a TV I now see it enters a boot loop...