Windows 10: Emergency! My search box keeps popping up when I click on the start menu of windows key.

Discus and support Emergency! My search box keeps popping up when I click on the start menu of windows key. in Cortana to solve the problem; I have an Hp laptop, Version 2004. I messed around with the registry, then this happened. I had a registry backup, but it just did not work. So when i... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AryBis, Aug 12, 2020.

1. AryBis Win User

Emergency! My search box keeps popping up when I click on the start menu of windows key.

I have an Hp laptop, Version 2004. I messed around with the registry, then this happened. I had a registry backup, but it just did not work. So when i open my start menu, my search bar pops up. Please help. I really am tensed. And don't tell something very difficult please.

:)

AryBis, Aug 12, 2020
  2. LeahG xx Win User

Search box keeps popping up when I open the Start menu.

Just like the title says, the search box keeps popping up on top of the Start menu when I click the Start button or tap the Windows key. This is most likely to happen when the Start menu has refreshed itself (like after Windows startup or after closing a
    game). I've tried different keyboards and mice but they made no difference. And before anyone asks, I'm not using a touchpad.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Leah

LeahG xx, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Start menu,Wifi key, Search key not working

Hello Nikhil,

The issues with accessing the Start menu/ Windows key might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu, Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Emergency! My search box keeps popping up when I click on the start menu of windows key.

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Emergency! My search box keeps popping up when I click on the start menu of windows key.

1. Emergency! My search box keeps popping up when I click on the start menu of windows key. - Similar Threads - Emergency search box

2. My start menu won't pop up when I click it and apps are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start menu won't pop up when I click it and apps are missing: I was trying to fix a problem with my computer password not working and found a solution which was to go into safe mode and then restart the computer from the start menu but when I click it nothing happens the menu won't pop up the only things that work on the tool bar are...
  3. My start menu won't pop up when I click it and apps are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start menu won't pop up when I click it and apps are missing: I was trying to fix a problem with my computer password not working and found a solution which was to go into safe mode and then restart the computer from the start menu but when I click it nothing happens the menu won't pop up the only things that work on the tool bar are...
  4. My start menu won't pop up when I click it and apps are missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start up menu & search box in Windows 10

Start up menu & search box in Windows 10: HiI cant access the Windows start up menu from my desktop bottom left hand side and the search function won't work either when I type into it. Can anyone help please...
  6. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

start menu and search box is not responding on clicking: Need help start menu,search box and notification not working inshort tried windows settings and services is not opening and its just freeze. I have tried all available solution from youtube but its ain't working...
  7. Start menu keeps popping up

Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  8. The start menu keeps coming up when I click

The start menu keeps coming up when I click: Hello, I am having a pretty large issue with my computer. Every time I click, the start menu appears. It doesn't matter where I click. It will come up no matter what. I have found nothing about this online. Does anyone have an answer on how to fix this?...
  9. When I click the start menu, this pops up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I click the start menu, this pops up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/teamclark07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzc5o3/when_i_click_the_start_menu_this_pops_up/
  10. Search box keeps popping up when I open the Start menu.

in Cortana
    Search box keeps popping up when I open the Start menu.: Just like the title says, the search box keeps popping up on top of the Start menu when I click the Start button or tap the Windows key. This is most likely to happen when the Start menu has refreshed itself (like after Windows startup or after closing a game). I've tried...