Windows 10: Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been...

Discus and support Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please help this is serious, I tried contacting support but it won’t let me start a call or schedule a call or anything I went to use my computer like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HatCoffee, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been...

Please help this is serious, I tried contacting support but it won’t let me start a call or schedule a call or anything

I went to use my computer like normal this morning but the sounds weren’t working, I didn’t want to just restart the computer because I didn’t want to have to wait for updates to install so I went to settings to try an trouble shoot

Well it said I needed to reinstall my sound drivers which meant I had to restart my computer so I figured that I might as well since it wasn’t going to be avoided

But when my comouter restarted the log in screen was normal but after I logged in I was met WITH THIS!!

Did I just accidentally factory reset my laptop!? Please I need to know if this is fixable I can’t lose everything my entire life was on this thing!! I tried going to the Microsoft website but it’s NO HELP their robo agent REFUSES to give me phone number to call or to schedule a call! PLEASE somebody here help me!

submitted by /u/HatCoffee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HatCoffee, Apr 15, 2020

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Sound of computer works, video players don't

Hello Bine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 15, 2020
  4. Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been...

No sound on Windows 10 computer.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and install the latest audio driver in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to uininstall the sound driver from the Device Manager.

Step 2: Then try to download the audio driver from the computer manufactuer's website.

Step 3: Try reinstall the audio driver from the computer manufacture website and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been...

1. Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been... - Similar Threads - Emergency Restarted computer

2. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restart my computer and now I have no sound: I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but...
  3. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I restart my computer and now I have no sound: I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but...
  4. My computer has been randomly restarting.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer has been randomly restarting.: Recently, my computer has randomly been restarting. I know it's not an issue of an update restart without asking me if I can restart at that time because whenever I do have a restart update, it asks me and when it randomly restarts it doesn't even show "Restarting...", it...
  5. My computer has been randomly restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been randomly restarting.: Recently, my computer has randomly been restarting. I know it's not an issue of an update restart without asking me if I can restart at that time because whenever I do have a restart update, it asks me and when it randomly restarts it doesn't even show "Restarting...", it...
  6. My computer has been randomly restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No sound from my computer though driver has been installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from my computer though driver has been installed: I have installed the sound card driver, but I still cannot hear any sound . I am wondering what i shall do. My windows 10 version number is 1909. 178729
  8. might have to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    might have to reinstall windows: Today I have discovered many issues. First, geforce experience got the 0x0003 and 0x0001 errors. I tried many solutions that ended in nothing but the same error. Found out that windows wasnt updated. So I try to update it and get the error 0xc1900204, see something where I...
  9. I might have destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I might have destroyed my computer: I was playing a video game, and all of a sudden, my PC freezes and crashes. It is then on the blue, restarting, please do not turn off your computer page, with a sad face. I turned off my Computer and turned it on again. Now, I am stuck on the Reboot and Select proper Boot...
  10. Computer Infection--Emergency!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Infection--Emergency!: Hi There Running Avast 12.3.2280 right now, and Malware bytes for on demand protection Anyways started having System Process using CPU all the way up to 91 percent at times, it's down now, first scan with Malwarebytes found backdoor.spynet in wsusoffline zip file I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall graphic driver