Windows 10: "Emergency" update KB4056892 causing Remote Procedure Call errors

Discus and support "Emergency" update KB4056892 causing Remote Procedure Call errors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As you may know, Microsoft has rushed out KB4056892, an "emergency" update to fix some security holes in CPUs. Unfortunately, when KB4056892 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eksy61, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Eksy61 Win User

"Emergency" update KB4056892 causing Remote Procedure Call errors

As you may know, Microsoft has rushed out KB4056892, an "emergency" update to fix some security holes in CPUs.

Unfortunately, when KB4056892 was installed on my PC just yesterday, it started causing various Remote Procedure Calls (RPCs) to fail. In particular, ASUS AISuite III, which is ASUS' tool for things like fan control and installing new BIOS versions, wouldn't run at all, giving "Remote Procedure Call failed" errors. Other apps I have also started giving Remote Procedure Call errors.

I uninstalled KB4056892 and now AISuite III is back to normal. No more Remote Procedure Call errors.

Just thought I would warn other people about this. Check applications that might use the Remote Procedure Call and/or Remote Procedure Call Locator services. You may find that they're failing after KB4056892 is installed.

I won't bother complaining to Microsoft. What's the point?

:)

Eksy61, Jan 4, 2018

2. Virus Issue

Was MBAM installed before or after the "Remote Procedure Call Failed" errors started?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 4, 2018
  3. File system error (-1073545193).

"RestoreHealth" procedure left the message: "The remote procedure call failed."

VernaDarcy, Jan 4, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Emergency" update KB4056892 causing Remote Procedure Call errors - Similar Threads - Emergency update KB4056892

2. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  3. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  4. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  5. Remote Procedure Call causing browser freezes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Procedure Call causing browser freezes.: My problem is about as simple as the title says, I will be using Opera (I use Opera because Google Chrome eats up RAM like nobody's business and Firefox used to delay my keyboard inputs at random intervals and it was frustrating) and suddenly, Service Host: Remote Procedure...
  6. wsl2 error: "the remote procedure call failed"

wsl2 error: "the remote procedure call failed": When I upgrade from 20206 to 20211, my wsl can't work normally, I hope to solve this problem as soon as possible, I need it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsl2-error-the-remote-procedure-call-failed/5b9c1993-4e17-4ecb-8406-40f496a5b760
  7. Remote Procedure Call Failed

Remote Procedure Call Failed: Hi guys I tried to open my music thru Groove Music in windows10 But it shows me something like this [img] I checked my services RPC service is on [img] Any help? 52750
  8. (error) The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    (error) The remote procedure call failed: I am putting back together my HUMPY DUMPTY computer which had a great fall. I have a new windows 10 install on a new hard drive (C). I am not doing any backups from old C drive as I had so many, many, many problems with windows 10 upgrades from win 7 so I am going new. I have...
  9. Remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote procedure call failed: Towards the beginning of the year I started experiencing problems with the Start Menu. When I right clicked on some entries, I received an error 'The remote procedure call failed' (see attached image for full information). These errors occurred when selecting 'Programs and...
  10. Remote Procedure Call (2)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Procedure Call (2): Ever since downloading the updates for 10130 on my Surface Pro 3 (after a clean install) the Service Host: Remote Procedure Call is going crazy, running constantly at 50%+ CPU, as a result of which the device is constantly running hot and battery life is now barely 2 hours!!...
Tags: