Windows 10: Emoji keyboard no longer appears

Discus and support Emoji keyboard no longer appears in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 starts differently every day, a problem it has had since the beginning. Many of those examples are recorded here. The latest: how do you get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Emoji keyboard no longer appears

Windows 10 starts differently every day, a problem it has had since the beginning. Many of those examples are recorded here. The latest: how do you get the emoji selection? Yesterday it was the Windows key and the full stop (period). This combination no longer works. What has it changed to? Is there an alternative way to access emojis short of going online to an emoji encyclopædia and copying and pasting?

Separately, the Windows key and the full stop work as they always did, and other Windows key combinations are fine.

I am on v. 1803 build 17134.228, KB4456655 is installed and KB4457128 is awaiting a restart.

:)

Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Emoji Keyboard

After Windows 10 update, I lost the emoji keyboard, any suggestions?

KarenBaird1, Sep 12, 2018
  4. ZlipZig Win User

Emoji keyboard no longer appears

Emoji Keyboard Vs Pop-up Emoji (Winkey+Emoji keyboard no longer appears ;) | They seem to insert emoji differently

* With the keyboard I get question marks ??

* With the pop-up I get a nice colorful emoji

Even inserting emoji in this very editor is different:

* With the keyboard I get a black and white emoji which is very quickly (under 1 sec) converted to a color emoji

* With the pop-up I get a color emoji instantly

Anyone know why that might be?

Thanks!

ZlipZig, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Emoji keyboard no longer appears

1. Emoji keyboard no longer appears - Similar Threads - Emoji keyboard longer

2. Emoji Keyboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Emoji Keyboard: How do you clear the emoji keyboardWin Key + period history? It is a keyboard logger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emoji-keyboard/2aa526d1-63a3-45cf-8742-2e60fa48201b
  3. Add Custom Emojis to the Emoji Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Custom Emojis to the Emoji Keyboard: I want to add custom emojis to the Emoji menu windows key + ., but I can't find the option.I have a feeling that there is no option, but I'm going to try asking anyway.So how do I do it?...
  4. Emoji keyboard no longer works and hasn't for a while?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emoji keyboard no longer works and hasn't for a while?: I think I updates a while ago and it broke the emoji keyboard. Pressing win + . opens it up, but clicking the emojis does nothing, it doesn't type them out. How can I fix this? I haven't seen anybody else with the problem. Running on 20H2 19042.867 submitted by /u/Form1232...
  5. Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't work: I can open the emoji picker with Windows key + period key, but when i choose the emoji it doesn't transfer to any text box I have open. It worked before, now it does nothing....
  6. Emoji Keyboard Crashes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Emoji Keyboard Crashes.: I was using the emoji keyboard (the one accessed by pressing Win + .) and then it crashed. This made the "Win + ." shortcut unusable, but worse, it didn't allow Paint 3D to recognise my keyboard. I know I can just restart my computer to fix it, but it's getting annoying. Is...
  7. Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works: After the latest big update from Windows, I noticed that my Emoji Picker Window (the window that you can pull up when pressing the Windows key + the period or semicolon key) no longer comes up. I tried searching online to why this doesn't work, and how to fix it, etc, yet...
  8. KEYBOARD NO LONGER APPEARS ON TASKBAR IN 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    KEYBOARD NO LONGER APPEARS ON TASKBAR IN 1809: SINCE UPDATING TO VERSION 1809, THE KEYBOARD LANGUAGE ICON HAS DISAPPEARED FROM THE TASKBAR. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT, THE DEFAULT LANGUAGE CANNOT BE CHANGED. THIS IS BEING WRITTEN IN CAPS BECAUSE OF THIS. I LIVE IN ISRAEL, SO HEBREW IS ALSO A NECESSARY LANGUAGE....
  9. Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10: How to: Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 How to Enter Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 Emoji are ideograms and smileys used in electronic messages and Web pages. Emoji are used much like emoticons and exist in...
  10. Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard?: Hello, Is there a shortcut to the Windows 10 emojis on a physical keyboard? I'm using a Surface 3. I read that Win + . or Win + ; worked but it doesn't for me. 100861

Users found this page by searching for:

1. emoji menu no longer goes side to side