Windows 10: Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't transfer to text box

Discus and support Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't transfer to text box in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can open the emoji picker with Win+. but it does not transfer the double clicked items to any app text box. The problem exists since I have this new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarcoSin, Feb 6, 2023.

1. MarcoSin Win User

Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't transfer to text box

I can open the emoji picker with Win+. but it does not transfer the double clicked items to any app text box. The problem exists since I have this new computer end of December 2022.

:)

MarcoSin, Feb 6, 2023
  2. AaronH8 Win User

Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't work

I can open the emoji picker with Windows key + period key, but when i choose the emoji it doesn't transfer to any text box I have open. It worked before, now it does nothing.

AaronH8, Feb 6, 2023
  3. rhdcdd Win User
    Help! Emoji Keyboard not working in any app

I've been wanting to use the emoji panel/keyboard for some time now but I can't seem to let it work on other text boxes except Netflix for windows and the start menu search box. Every time I open the emoji panel it says I can press Win + . to use emoji in
    any app. It doesn't show that in the start menu search box. Once I open it in the start menu search box, I can insert emojis and the panel goes beside the text box. Any other text box, even here doesn't seem to work and the emoji panel still thinks I'm typing
    in the start menu.

rhdcdd, Feb 6, 2023
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't transfer to text box - Similar Threads - Emoji keyboard opens

2. Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't transfer to text box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't transfer to text box: I can open the emoji picker with Win+. but it does not transfer the double clicked items to any app text box. The problem exists since I have this new computer end of December 2022....
  3. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.: Hi all Iam using windows 10 os in my hp laptop,Suddenly from today Iam not able to enter my password for connecting to my wifi. My keyboard is working fine and i have checked it in notepad. This is also happening for the windows search box...
  4. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.: Hi all Iam using windows 10 os in my hp laptop,Suddenly from today Iam not able to enter my password for connecting to my wifi. My keyboard is working fine and i have checked it in notepad. This is also happening for the windows search box...
  5. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Paint - Text box doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint - Text box doesn't work: Hi, I use Paint a lot for simple graphics, and the text box tool has stopped allowing carriage return and sometimes stops spacing too. When I hit carriage return the text freezes and the curser jumps to the edge of the text box. Any solutions? I'm on Windows 10....
  7. Paint - Text box doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint - Text box doesn't work: Hi, I use Paint a lot for simple graphics, and the text box tool has stopped allowing carriage return and sometimes stops spacing too. When I hit carriage return the text freezes and the curser jumps to the edge of the text box. Any solutions? I'm on Windows 10....
  8. Emoji Keyboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Emoji Keyboard: How do you clear the emoji keyboardWin Key + period history? It is a keyboard logger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emoji-keyboard/2aa526d1-63a3-45cf-8742-2e60fa48201b
  9. Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Emoji keyboard opens, but doesn't work: I can open the emoji picker with Windows key + period key, but when i choose the emoji it doesn't transfer to any text box I have open. It worked before, now it does nothing....
  10. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL AND TOUCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL AND TOUCH KEYBOARD: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel and touch keyboard also it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and...