Windows 10: Emoji panel bug?

Discus and support Emoji panel bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't seem to use the emoji panel on any other text box aside from what I have that works; Netflix for windows and the start menu search box. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rhdcdd, Aug 6, 2020.

1. /u/Rhdcdd Win User

Emoji panel bug?

I can't seem to use the emoji panel on any other text box aside from what I have that works; Netflix for windows and the start menu search box. I just get the tooltip "press winkey + period (.) to use emoji in any app".

It looks like it doesn't hook to the current text box that I'm using. When I test it on the netflix app, it hooks there and shows up in the top middle of the app, and when I use the shortcut again in a different text box it still thinks I'm in the netflix app. Same goes with the start menu search box.

I basically gave up on google search because it seems it only shows problems from users that cant open the emoji panel. I can open it, it just doesn't insert any emoji when I press it but it shows in the recent emojis used that I "used" it.

submitted by /u/Rhdcdd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rhdcdd, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Geosammy Win User

Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

Hi All,
    I also posted this same question here...
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

Anyway,

I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open,
    using either *Start+ ., or *Start + ; key's.

I've done a system file check and no integrity violations were found.

Is there a know service, that needs to be turned on/running for this to work?
    Or maybe there's a setting I've overlooked, or perhaps turned off?

Any suggestion on how to correct this issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

As a side note:
    The emoji panel use to open as intended, but now it doesn't.
    It also did not function, prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

@Brink

Hi
    I tried your suggested test and nothing happens.
    The emoji panel did not open.*Sad

Note:
    This was also occurring prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, Aug 6, 2020
  4. MickHolzy Win User

Emoji panel bug?

Windows 10 emoji panel

I get some interesting emojis from friends and was wondering if there is any way of adding them to the MS emoji panel?

MickHolzy, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Emoji panel bug?

1. Emoji panel bug? - Similar Threads - Emoji panel bug

2. Emoji Panel is Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji Panel is Broken: My recent and most used emojis keep changing to emoji's I've used only once and it's really annoying. Just a FYI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emoji-panel-is-broken/cc34a46a-0c8b-4b8f-90b9-85751e6ded7b
  3. Bug - Windows 10 emoji panel doesn't display all available emojis, even if emoji font is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug - Windows 10 emoji panel doesn't display all available emojis, even if emoji font is...: Hi folks Context:The Windows 10 emoji font Segoe UI Emoji, seguiemj.ttf has not been updated to include the latest emoji version updates. This in itself is an oversight or intentionally poor decision, rather than a bug, perhaps to try to compel people to make an ill-fated...
  4. Bug - Windows 10 emoji panel doesn't display all available emojis, even if emoji font is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug - Windows 10 emoji panel doesn't display all available emojis, even if emoji font is...: Hi folks Context:The Windows 10 emoji font Segoe UI Emoji, seguiemj.ttf has not been updated to include the latest emoji version updates. This in itself is an oversight or intentionally poor decision, rather than a bug, perhaps to try to compel people to make an ill-fated...
  5. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  6. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  7. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and region is on US but there...
  8. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and region is on US but there...
  9. Issues with the emoji panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with the emoji panel: I didn't know where to post this so if I posted in the wrong category I'm sorry. As the title says I have a problem with the emoji panel in Windows 10. The app opens fine, but I can't insert any emoji anywhere. Does anyone else have this issue? If so how did you fix it? 162731
  10. Emoji panel problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emoji panel problem: Just found out about this nice addition, yet I cannot use it. The panel shows up correctly after I press Win+. but after that, when I click on any emoji, it simply doesn't work, the text remains empty. I'm using windows 10 2004 build 19041 (everything updated, I just checked...