Windows 10: Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass

Discus and support Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello It seems that my emoji panel is missing the search tab and I have no clue why. While searching for my problem on the web I only found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by arexs, Apr 1, 2021.

1. arexs Win User

Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass

Hello

It seems that my emoji panel is missing the search tab and I have no clue why.

While searching for my problem on the web I only found solutions on the shortcuts but always showing screenshots of emoji panels with a search tab.

Using "Windows" + "." or "Windows" + ";" makes no difference.

Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass [​IMG]

I wasn't able to do a screenshot because the panel closes itself when using "Windows" + "Shift" + "s" to create a screenshot.

I'm also not sure which Windows topic this problem belongs to the best.

Regards

Aaron

:)

arexs, Apr 1, 2021
  2. jjd56 Win User

Magnifying glass icon

Why does the magnifying glass icon keep disappearing from the task bar and how do I get it back (and keep it there)? The last time I searched for magnifier.exe as someone suggested, got it back, now it's gone again. Please, this is driving me crazy.

Jean

jjd56, Apr 1, 2021
  3. WinTenz Win User
    Magnifying Glass Lost Functionality

Hello everyone,

I'm at that crossroad where vision has diminished but not enough to warrant glasses. Anyways I just upgraded to Win10, have mapped the magnifying glass to my mouse side button and here are a few features I sorely miss from previous versions of Windows:

- Magnifying glass no longer remembers the size of its view window, I have to expand it every time.

- Magnifying glass steals focus from the underlying window. If I'm in a menu, magnify starts and I lose the menu. Same with filling out forms of any kind, dropdown menus etc...

Thanks

WinTenz, Apr 1, 2021
  4. TonyHuby Win User

Red magnifying glass search

Recently, in the past 2 - 3 weeks I have seen a magnifying glass in a red box appear when I highlight text. It seems to some kind of quick search engine. It does not seem to be very good. Can I get rid of it? If so, how? (Windows 10, April 2018 update)

TonyHuby, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass - Similar Threads - Emoji panel missing

2. Search suggestions with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search suggestions with magnifying glass: Since a recent update, the search field window pops up intermittently with advertising for AI above the Recent area. I can click that shut, but it's also now displaying weird tips that I don't need as questions with a search magnifying glass at the end of each one. I can...
  3. Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass: The arrow icon that normally shows up on my desktop shortcuts is replaced with a magnifying glass. I looked up the problem but the response was for windows 7. I am using 11. Anyone know how to fix it?I had a screenshot but I can't upload it for some reason, it keeps failing...
  4. Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass: The arrow icon that normally shows up on my desktop shortcuts is replaced with a magnifying glass. I looked up the problem but the response was for windows 7. I am using 11. Anyone know how to fix it?I had a screenshot but I can't upload it for some reason, it keeps failing...
  5. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  6. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  7. Windows 11 displays a magnifying glass icon when trying to search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 displays a magnifying glass icon when trying to search: I can't search, because it displays a magnifying glass icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-displays-a-magnifying-glass-icon-when/2d57b747-a99d-41a0-849e-a31f1fe6218d
  8. Cortana ~ Type here to search does not minimize to a magnifying glass.

in Cortana
    Cortana ~ Type here to search does not minimize to a magnifying glass.: I recently reset Windows 10 and I am pleased with the results. Cortana is one of the new features that came bundled with the reset. On the startbar Cortana's "Type here to search" message does not minimize to a magnifying glass symbol. It shows continuously taking up...
  9. Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar

in Cortana
    Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar: Yesterday IT had to do some work on my computer and it never fails that every time they work on it, they restore Cortana for her "search" functionality. I've told them about clicking the windows icon and then to directly start typing but they tend to stick with the Cortana...
  10. Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images...