Windows 10: Emoji panel search pops up but the search doesnt work

Discus and support Emoji panel search pops up but the search doesnt work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Exactly as the title says. I'm able to open the panel but for some reason it refuses to search anything whether it's gifs, emojis, or symbols. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by UltimateWishub, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Emoji panel search pops up but the search doesnt work

Exactly as the title says. I'm able to open the panel but for some reason it refuses to search anything whether it's gifs, emojis, or symbols. I've tried disabling and enabling the windows search service, I also ran ctfmon.exe, and I also double checked my language and input settings.

:)

UltimateWishub, Jun 26, 2022
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Search Question

I believe he means the search box at TPU. In that vein, neither of your suggestions worked. However, they both work quite well on the interwebs.

sneekypeet, Jun 26, 2022
  4. MattSD Win User

Emoji panel search pops up but the search doesnt work

Search Of the Immersive Control Panel Not Working

Can't search the setting panel (Metro). For example, as I enter "Windows Update" or just "Update" in the search box of the setting panel, no setting options coming out in the result list, no windows update appear in the drop down list. Almost any setting
    options in the setting panel can't be search for, but control panel settings works fine.

MattSD, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

Emoji panel search pops up but the search doesnt work

1. Emoji panel search pops up but the search doesnt work - Similar Threads - Emoji panel search

2. Emoji Picker Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji Picker Search Not Working: I can bring up the emoji picker with <Win+period> but when I try to search for an emoji by typing in the box, the box does not show the characters I type. Instead, it shows the keys in the order they are on the keyboard like this:What I type: smileWhat shows: qwertSometimes,...
  3. Emoji Picker Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emoji Picker Search Not Working: I can bring up the emoji picker with <Win+period> but when I try to search for an emoji by typing in the box, the box does not show the characters I type. Instead, it shows the keys in the order they are on the keyboard like this:What I type: smileWhat shows: qwertSometimes,...
  4. Search bar emojis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar emojis: How do I get rid of the search bar emojis in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-emojis/ccd55074-560b-4f78-8872-ce8f7674314f
  5. Search bar emojis

Search bar emojis: How do I get rid of the search bar emojis in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-emojis/ccd55074-560b-4f78-8872-ce8f7674314f
  6. Emoji panel search pops up but the search doesnt work

Emoji panel search pops up but the search doesnt work: Exactly as the title says. I'm able to open the panel but for some reason it refuses to search anything whether it's gifs, emojis, or symbols. I've tried disabling and enabling the windows search service, I also ran ctfmon.exe, and I also double checked my language and input...
  7. Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass: Hello It seems that my emoji panel is missing the search tab and I have no clue why. While searching for my problem on the web I only found solutions on the shortcuts but always showing screenshots of emoji panels with a search tab. Using "Windows" + "." or "Windows" +...
  8. Emoji panel only works inside windows search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Emoji panel only works inside windows search: So I've had this issue with the Emoji Panel not working for a long time now. I had responded to another post that someone had made Emoji Panel Not Working saying that I had that same issue. The helper who was answering has not gotten back to that forum, so I'm asking again....
  9. Windows Search doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search doesnt work: I wanted to find sth in win search but it doesnt work. The tab doesnt open at all, I click on the search function on the bar and the search tab doesnt pop out, nothing happens, like I wouldnt click it. What is going on? Restarting PC didnt help at all. submitted by...
  10. windows search doesnt work

in Cortana
    windows search doesnt work: i can't search in windows search [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-doesnt-work/4d786bf9-0dde-4323-9f84-e3122b8a0b71"