Windows 10: Emotet: Variants...Has anyone dealt with any strange stuff?

Discus and support Emotet: Variants...Has anyone dealt with any strange stuff? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am new here, I have joined a couple forums over the last few days, trying to get some information. I just cleaned out a crazy persistent... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fdhardi, Feb 10, 2021.

1. fdhardi Win User

Emotet: Variants...Has anyone dealt with any strange stuff?

Hey guys, I am new here, I have joined a couple forums over the last few days, trying to get some information.
    I just cleaned out a crazy persistent emotet infection, and I am having some trouble figuring out a baseline now. I need to know if you guys have named pipes set to allow anonymous shares configured by svchost with scTbePrivelege normally, ideally immediately following clean install. The information can be found in event viewer under Application and service logs/microsoft/windows/smb server and also SMB client path. That was the ingress point and after cleaning the infection with nuke and pave the pipes are set back to that same setting with activity from untrackable processes. So I bought a new laptop just to check it out, and strangely, there was one entry in event logs from last year, where a pipe was set to allow anonymous users and then configured as a netBT endpoint. Terminal server logs show the pipe used in + out once . To me, this is very odd. Can anyone enlighten me? Win10 19042, also saw behavior on 20h

:)

fdhardi, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mitigating and eliminating Qakbot and Emotet in corporate networks

Read more: Mitigating and eliminating info-stealing Qakbot and Emotet in corporate networks Windows Security blog

Brink, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Emotet: Variants...Has anyone dealt with any strange stuff? - Similar Threads - Emotet Variants Has

2. Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?: I have downloaded an exe.file and right before I clicked on the folder to save the file, my Windows Defender detected the trojan threat. When I opened the protection history, it didn't give me the action option to either remove or quarantine the file. It just stated that the...
  3. Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?: I have downloaded an exe.file and right before I clicked on the folder to save the file, my Windows Defender detected the trojan threat. When I opened the protection history, it didn't give me the action option to either remove or quarantine the file. It just stated that the...
  4. Has Trojan Emotet threat been removed or restored?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Fresh install 3rd install offline.. Anyone get strange stuff?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install 3rd install offline.. Anyone get strange stuff?: Went to friend PC to make USB and download official drivers for my PC coz strange things are happening. Had linux for couple days.. Long format of disks, removed battery and power for 30 mins.. Still hidden unknown devices in device manager that are not from my PC after...
  6. Has anyone had trouble signing the legal stuff when creating a child account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Has anyone had trouble signing the legal stuff when creating a child account?: I've reached out to tech support but my issue is not resolved. When trying to agree to the legal stuff for my 11-year-old's account. I get this error: That doesn't match the name on your account. Try again, or update it. It is my name though. I've even copied and pasted...
  7. Anyone have any idea why this has happened.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone have any idea why this has happened.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M-M3SS1AH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0ol91/anyone_have_any_idea_why_this_has_happened/
  8. Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before?: Hi everybody, I have a question. I bought a new Microsoft Surface Pro and was greeted with the attached screen (I blackened some unnecessary reflections of the screen and the two white parts showed the same 7-digit number). This somehow looks dubious to me. I was asking...
  9. Strange Webpage Stuff

in Browsers and Email
    Strange Webpage Stuff: I am having a very strange internet experience..I first noticed it 3 days ago...my ESPN FF site started acting quirky..not letting me click certain things, certain buttons not functioning, etc. Well today the problem still exists, but when I went to Operation Sports forum to...
  10. has anyone found any use for cortana ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    has anyone found any use for cortana ?: i'm using a desk top without a mic and all i can see is that its an overhyped search and its kinda lousy at that !! I can do the same thing it does with my yahoo search ...what am I missing ? 17501