Windows 10: Employer added the wrong group policy, now they can't remove it

Discus and support Employer added the wrong group policy, now they can't remove it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, My employer said they've done everything they can to remove the group policy, but regardless of whether my work/school account and Azure VPN is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Baron Swordagon, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Employer added the wrong group policy, now they can't remove it

Hi all, My employer said they've done everything they can to remove the group policy, but regardless of whether my work/school account and Azure VPN is connected or not, I am locked out of using all forms of removeable media, such as flash drives, USB external drives, optical drives, etc. When I'm connected to Azure VPN, and try to access them, the error for flash/external drives state "<drive letter>:\ is not accessible. Access is denied." Optical drive error states "You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation." Once disconnected, for the WD Passport external drive, some

:)

Baron Swordagon, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    MDM Group Policy removed?

Hello BobbyBenton,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    2. What is the error which you receive regarding the Group Policy?
    3. What do you mean by “MDM Group Policy removed”?

If the computer is connected to a domain (organization) network, then the issue is better suited in TechNet Community. Please visit the
    support article to find a community that will offer
    the support you request.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala. S

Microsoft community – Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Employer added the wrong group policy, now they can't remove it

Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Thanks again for the reply.

I followed your suggested steps, but even though the user shows as being added and active it does not appear on the sign in page as an alternative account.

Maybe I am giving the command in the wrong directory. When I boot into the recovery environment the directory in command prompt is: x:\windows\system32

I ran the command from here. But the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

I also used the diskpart and list volume command to check on which partition windows is installed. I changed directory to c:\> and again followed your steps. But again the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

Can you please give me more instructions on how to remedy my foolish Group Policy restriction?

OROB_KEIMOES, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Employer added the wrong group policy, now they can't remove it

1. Employer added the wrong group policy, now they can't remove it - Similar Threads - Employer added wrong

2. remove group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove group policy: Dear Sir i want to remove the active directory group policy from certain PC but the problem that this pc had not been connected to network anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-group-policy/e1d1afb5-b735-44e3-bbdc-d5bdb2c30d76
  3. remove group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove group policy: Dear Sir i want to remove the active directory group policy from certain PC but the problem that this pc had not been connected to network anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-group-policy/e1d1afb5-b735-44e3-bbdc-d5bdb2c30d76
  4. remove group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Group Policy Management Secondary AD Inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Management Secondary AD Inaccessible: I'm doing a health check with our Active Directory and DNS. I was able to eliminate the errors and warnings on the BPA.When I check with the GPM, I noticed that 1 of the domain is in the replication process but when I expand to see the details. The secondary AD is...
  6. Group Policy Management Secondary AD Inaccessible

Group Policy Management Secondary AD Inaccessible: I'm doing a health check with our Active Directory and DNS. I was able to eliminate the errors and warnings on the BPA.When I check with the GPM, I noticed that 1 of the domain is in the replication process but when I expand to see the details. The secondary AD is...
  7. Can't edit group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't edit group policy: Hello, I am having some issues on Windows 10. I have a personal computer that I had at my previous job an IT company help me because my computer would not update because it kept asking me to upgrade to windows 11. My pc I built does not have secure boot so therefore it was...
  8. Can't edit group policy

Can't edit group policy: Hello, I am having some issues on Windows 10. I have a personal computer that I had at my previous job an IT company help me because my computer would not update because it kept asking me to upgrade to windows 11. My pc I built does not have secure boot so therefore it was...
  9. Can't edit group policy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. MDM Group Policy removed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MDM Group Policy removed?: DO NOT WANT WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT PHONE ENGLISH DO NOT HAVE OR USE MOBILE PHONE AND DO NOT WANT A PHONE TO CONNECT TO MY COMPUTER!!!!! ***Modified title from MDM??? GROUP POLICY REMOVED?????? GET WARNINGS AND ERRORS***...