Windows 10: Employment Scam that leads to Identity Theft

Discus and support Employment Scam that leads to Identity Theft in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Microsoft community,I have been scammed before in the past and have had numerous men on a dating websites POF try and scam me. I recently took a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeoGirl00, Jun 7, 2021.

1. LeoGirl00 Win User

Employment Scam that leads to Identity Theft

Hey Microsoft community,I have been scammed before in the past and have had numerous men on a dating websites POF try and scam me. I recently took a class on computer safety/security class so could teach my kids about protecting themselves against hackers and learned all about the topics, and what to look for, it was very helpful. I applied to many jobs online, I was desperate for an income after unemployment benefits were maxed out. After I accepted the job offer, there was a rigorous hiring process and there were no red flags at the time. The only line of communication was through emails.

:)

LeoGirl00, Jun 7, 2021
  2. JimWynne Win User

Identity theft or scam?

You have definitely been scammed. You should never let ANYONE take control of your computer unless you personally know their intentions, skills and abilities, and that includes Microsoft technicians. As it stands, you have no way of knowing what the
    scammer left behind, and the only prudent course of action is to back up your personal data and do a clean install of Windows 10. See this Microsoft page:

Protect yourself from tech support scams.

JimWynne, Jun 7, 2021
  3. My Identity has been stolen, please help

Identity theft or compromised accounts, like email, facebook and such?

Identity theft is a serious business and it can not be solved without police and an attorney.

Depending on the country of residence, there are various steps: https://www.identitytheft.gov

TairikuOkami, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Ken Blake Win User

Identity theft or scam?

It was a scam. You should never let *anyone* take control of your computer unless it is someone you know and trust implicitly, both with regard to his honesty and technical skill.

Since you let him take control of your computer, who knows what he did there or what confidential information he stole.

So I highly recommend that you do both of the following immediately:

1. Do a clean reinstallation of Windows.

2. *After* reinstalling Windows, change all of your passwords, especially any for banks or other financial sites.

Since they *might* have installed a key logger, simply changing your passwords may not be good enough.

Ken Blake, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Employment Scam that leads to Identity Theft - Similar Threads - Employment Scam leads

2. What to do when computer is locked because of identity theft

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What to do when computer is locked because of identity theft: My computer is locked and a security message that says ip address was used without consent.How do I handle this issue?<Changed to a question>***moved from Outlook/Windows/New Outlook for Windows/For home***...
  3. Is there a way to get through to a real person regarding an identity theft attempt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get through to a real person regarding an identity theft attempt?: Hi there. We have been getting repeated one-time verification emails verified as coming from the Account Security address at MSFT for an account that we did not create. I have been trying for a month now to report this issue to Microsoft so as to get the account either closed...
  4. Comprimised account lead to RDP connection and theft of funds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comprimised account lead to RDP connection and theft of funds: From 01/22 multiple attempts to login to my account from varying ip addresses was made On 01/28 my account was comprimised and logged in with a successful password entry.Subsequently my laptops where accessed through what I believeis RDP and large sums of crypto stolen.My...
  5. Comprimised account lead to RDP connection and theft of funds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comprimised account lead to RDP connection and theft of funds: From 01/22 multiple attempts to login to my account from varying ip addresses was made On 01/28 my account was comprimised and logged in with a successful password entry.Subsequently my laptops where accessed through what I believeis RDP and large sums of crypto stolen.My...
  6. Comprimised account lead to RDP connection and theft of funds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. ultraviewer Trojan virus, Identity theft, IP replication scam

ultraviewer Trojan virus, Identity theft, IP replication scam: Today while going through My feed of Microsoft edge I clicked on some sort of news like some celebrities might not be rich. Upon clicking it a tab opened with a pop-up asking me to reach out 1 866 306 6070 my laptop was infected by Trojan virus closing the browser or shutting...
  8. Possible identity theft

Possible identity theft: [IMG]Is this real? I tried going into my security to scan possible threats and the scan came back as 0 threats. Im not sure what to do. I did call the number that is on the screen, but it was busy....
  9. Identity Theft, Security on my Windows 10 PC

Identity Theft, Security on my Windows 10 PC: Recently I was a victim of Identity Theft. I got a call from this guy who said he worked for Microsoft. Like a fool I let him remotely access on of my other Windows 10 PCs. Can anyone suggest how I can better protect myself. I signed up with Identity Guard. Another question...
  10. Identity theft password theft pop up warning of attempt.

Identity theft password theft pop up warning of attempt.: Almost every time I click on a news feed article I will get an immediate pop up with stop_critical_process_died error report. Security system has detected the threatening attempt to gain access to your bank logins and related. yada yada yada. The server...