Windows 10: Empty blue screen after "Preparing Automatic repair", also when trying to boot from...

Discus and support Empty blue screen after "Preparing Automatic repair", also when trying to boot from... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My friend has a problem with his HP laptop, when booting, it says preparing automatic repair and then an empty blue screen appears, instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raymanfan, Apr 2, 2020.

1. raymanfan Win User

Empty blue screen after "Preparing Automatic repair", also when trying to boot from...

Hello,

My friend has a problem with his HP laptop, when booting, it says preparing automatic repair and then an empty blue screen appears, instead of the usual error blue screen "Automatic repair, your PC did not start correctly.... restart or advanced options"

I wanted to have this message to go in advanced options, and then try startup repair or system restore, but I can't, there's just an empty blue screen, nothing even appears.

I then thought using my Windows10 usb key to boot, so I could get to these options as I already did with an old laptop.

I had to go in bios setup, disable secure boot, enable legacy mode, then I chose to boot from USB, it seems to work, windows10 logo appears, and then... empty blue screen again instead of the usual "Install Windows 10" window with repair windows at the bottom left.

Any ideas why the error informations or setup informations are not displayed in these blue screens? how can I fix this?

Thanks a lot,

--

:)

raymanfan, Apr 2, 2020

2. "Preparing Automatic Repair" Screen Boot Problem

So, i recently downloaded windows 10 and upgraded to it with a boot disc on my desktop. My computer was functioning as normal

until i restarted it, and this problem happened. Whenever i boot up my computer, it goes to a screen with the windows logo and the words, "Preparing Automatic Repair". There is no circular loading icon amd the screen never changes. I looked around the web
    for this problem, and i couldn't find a solution. This is not the same problem as the preparing automatic repair restart loop. I tried to run the system recovery by pressing F11, but it goes to the same " Preparing Automatic repair" screen. I also tried to
    boot from my windows 10 installation cd, but it brings me to a screen with the same problem but lacks the "Preparing automatic repair" under the windows logo. Any sort of solution for this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JardTheBard, Apr 2, 2020
  3. DJKeloid Win User
    "Preparing Automatic Repair" Screen Boot Problem

Hello, I have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and everything was going fine with my laptop. Until a few days ago when I turned on my laptop the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen prompt appeared. So I waited for almost an hour and
    the screen still had the same prompt. So I checked microsoft community and found this question that was relative to my problem. Thankfully there was an answer to the question on how to solve this issue. So I followed the bootable media route since windows
    10 is all ready on my laptop. But when I insert a usb drive with the media tool on it and start up my laptop the screen says "Missing Operating System". Please help on what to do next afterwards, Thanks!

DJKeloid, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Empty blue screen after "Preparing Automatic repair", also when trying to boot from...

"Preparing Automatic Repair" Screen Boot Problem

Hi Jard,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to perform startup repair using a Windows 10 installation disk by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Startup Repair is a Windows Recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your computer for the problem, and then tries to fix it so your computer can
    start correctly.

Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the System Recovery Options menu. This set of tools is located on your computer’s hard disk, and on the Windows Installation disc.

If you are on Windows 10, I suggest you to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (i.e. USB or DVD) using

Media Creation Tool
    . Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
        Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select
        Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will
        restart
        . Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click
      Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      . Select Advanced options from the window and click on
      Startup repair option.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Empty blue screen after "Preparing Automatic repair", also when trying to boot from...

1. Empty blue screen after "Preparing Automatic repair", also when trying to boot from... - Similar Threads - Empty blue screen

2. Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair: 3 days ago I tried to update and shut down my laptop, it updated and ever since it has been on a loading page, and occasionally flashes a blue screen saying that the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me no other options and has been doing this for 3...
  3. Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair: 3 days ago I tried to update and shut down my laptop, it updated and ever since it has been on a loading page, and occasionally flashes a blue screen saying that the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me no other options and has been doing this for 3...
  4. Stuck on preparing automatic repair and then the windows logo when trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on preparing automatic repair and then the windows logo when trying to boot from USB: When i booted up a few seconds after the computers logo appears it crashes and reloads into the 'preparing automatic repair' screen. I left this for a few hours but it appears to be frozen, after reading through a few ways to get around this with no luck i decided it would be...
  5. Stuck on preparing automatic repair and then the windows logo when trying to boot from USB

Stuck on preparing automatic repair and then the windows logo when trying to boot from USB: When i booted up a few seconds after the computers logo appears it crashes and reloads into the 'preparing automatic repair' screen. I left this for a few hours but it appears to be frozen, after reading through a few ways to get around this with no luck i decided it would be...
  6. Stuck on preparing automatic repair and then the windows logo when trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blue screen into stuck preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen into stuck preparing automatic repair: I recently got a firmware update notification on my lenovo laptop - I installed it, laptop was plugged in, everything was fine. When it rebooted, my computer bluescreened with the error message inaccessible boot device. I got to the recovery screen once, hit restart again to...
  8. Blue screen into stuck preparing automatic repair

Blue screen into stuck preparing automatic repair: I recently got a firmware update notification on my lenovo laptop - I installed it, laptop was plugged in, everything was fine. When it rebooted, my computer bluescreened with the error message inaccessible boot device. I got to the recovery screen once, hit restart again to...
  9. Blue screen into stuck preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Preparing automatic repair to black screen or Blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing automatic repair to black screen or Blue screen: Hi, I am really struggling to fix my computer HP windows 10. Originally my computer was running very slow with its memory at 100% so I assumed there were problems with files etc in my computer. So i ran chkdsk command in command prompt. My computer began running the check...