Windows 10: Empty desktop after re-installed HDD

Discus and support Empty desktop after re-installed HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my User folder objects all 'moved' to my Data HDD, except OneDrive. Was working fine. Then I removed the data drive while testing Macrium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mustachio, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

Empty desktop after re-installed HDD

I have my User folder objects all 'moved' to my Data HDD, except OneDrive. Was working fine. Then I removed the data drive while testing Macrium Reflect. I reinstalled the data drive but after boot my desktop is now empty.

Is there some way I can 'refresh' the User folder recognizing where my objects are?

Thank you.

:)

Mustachio, Mar 31, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Empty desktop after re-installed HDD - Similar Threads - Empty desktop installed

2. Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...: Hey everyone,When I upgrade my laptop to an SSD, I had my HDD removed hoping that when I wanted to access my files, everything will be there. As time went by, I wanted to get access to those encrypted files that could also only be access from the HDD. The encrypted files are...
  3. Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...: Hey everyone,When I upgrade my laptop to an SSD, I had my HDD removed hoping that when I wanted to access my files, everything will be there. As time went by, I wanted to get access to those encrypted files that could also only be access from the HDD. The encrypted files are...
  4. Recover encrypted files after replacing hdd for ssd? HDD needed to re-installed windows and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I re-installed my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I re-installed my desktop: and so I want to remove forza horizon 4 but I just seem to not find it in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-desktop/9424c5d3-2c48-4bdc-9911-e96f64e68289
  6. Empty Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty Files on Desktop: My computer recently started a weird habit. If I save a file eg: PDF, photo, etc on the desktop, and then I cut and paste the file to another folder, an empty shell of the file remains on the desktop which is not deletable. It gives me the Item Not Found message when I try to...
  7. RE Partition on HDD. Windows installed on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE Partition on HDD. Windows installed on SSD: My Son has just bought a pre-owned PC with an SSD and HDD. The PC was in an unknown state so I performed a clean Win 10 install on the SSD before looking at the HDD. It looks to me as if the previous owner had upgraded the PC from an HDD only to one that would boot off the...
  8. Can i install w10 on a empty hdd?

Can i install w10 on a empty hdd?: if i have an empty drive conected to a pc with a drive with w10 can i install another w10 to the empty drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-w10-on-a-empty-hdd/8f418db4-2ad3-46ff-b598-7e57d3055ac7
  9. Re-install Applications Already Installed on 2nd HDD

Re-install Applications Already Installed on 2nd HDD: I just reset my Windows 10 OS and now I have to reinstall all the applications. However, install most of of apps on a 2nd HDD, and was wondering if there is anyway to avoid having to redownload all these apps. This computer sits in a remote site with limited internet...
  10. Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD

Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD: I have been using my laptop for 4 years now with pre-install of Windows 10 on it. Few weeks back, its HDD had crunchy sound, and that's when I knew it is broken. I bought brand new HDD and installed it into my laptop. But now my biggest concern is install Window 10. I'm not a...