Windows 10: Empty desktop after re-installed HDD

Discus and support Empty desktop after re-installed HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my User folder objects all 'moved' to my Data HDD, except OneDrive. Was working fine. Then I removed the data drive while testing Macrium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mustachio, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

Empty desktop after re-installed HDD

I have my User folder objects all 'moved' to my Data HDD, except OneDrive. Was working fine. Then I removed the data drive while testing Macrium Reflect. I reinstalled the data drive but after boot my desktop is now empty.

Is there some way I can 'refresh' the User folder recognizing where my objects are?

Thank you.

:)

Mustachio, Mar 31, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Empty desktop after re-installed HDD - Similar Threads - Empty desktop installed

2. Black empty desktop windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black empty desktop windows 10: i have a dell g5 computer that i had just restarted to get rid of a bunch of files. After setting the computer up again and entering my pin it brought me to a mostly empty black desktop saying it could not find the windows desktop file and that i needed the drive or usb but i...
  3. BSOD after clean re-install

BSOD after clean re-install: So I installed an SSD hard drive on my laptop a few months ago and have been running into a BSOD issue ever since. The error code I get on the BSOD is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I have hopefully uploaded the info that will resolve this problem Here is the OneDrive link to...
  4. Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-install Windows 10 on new HDD: I have been using my laptop for 4 years now with pre-install of Windows 10 on it. Few weeks back, its HDD had crunchy sound, and that's when I knew it is broken. I bought brand new HDD and installed it into my laptop. But now my biggest concern is install Window 10. I'm not a...
  5. problem after window10 re-installation

problem after window10 re-installation: After reinstalling windows 10 files in documents folder are read only. I tried to change this but I get error message saying access denied. I also get a message saying controlled folder access blocked by dllhost.exe. How do I get round this. as I cannot write files to those...
  6. HDD disappeared showing two empty partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD disappeared showing two empty partitions: My D: disk disconnected and when I rebooted it showed up as two empty partitions. One of them I can't do anything with, the other I can't access without formatting, which I want to avoid if possible. No clue how this happened since it was working literally minutes ago, but...
  7. Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10: I've been digging through many fora for this obvious issue...cannot find. Once I wipe out all the apps and data by a Re-install / Clean Install: I got the data backed up, but there was backup of the apps. How do I get the paid ones back? Surely not >Store...
  8. after clean re-installation of windows..

in Windows 10 Support
    after clean re-installation of windows..: After clean re-installation of windows. is AV and internet security the first thing I should install before connecting to the internet? 90660
  9. Re-Install after Uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Install after Uninstall: After installing Win 10 I found 2 apps that would not execute under Win 10. I uninstalled Win 10 using the provided re-install Win 7. I have solved the problem with the apps and I would like to re-install Win 10. How do I receive the invitation to install Win 10 again, or is...
  10. After emptying the Recycle Bin: emptied bin is not shown as empty

in Windows 10 Support
    After emptying the Recycle Bin: emptied bin is not shown as empty: Hello, The title says it all, my desktop does not refresh automatically. Does this look familiar ? grtz, 101036