Windows 10: Empty Desktop, My Documents, Pictures but logged normally in my User Profile

Discus and support Empty Desktop, My Documents, Pictures but logged normally in my User Profile in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Sorry, this is my first time posting. I couldn't find any support / get help / chat from MS.Hope you guys can help.Issue:I logged in earlier and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by aben22, Apr 23, 2022.

1. aben22 Win User

Empty Desktop, My Documents, Pictures but logged normally in my User Profile

Sorry, this is my first time posting. I couldn't find any support / get help / chat from MS.Hope you guys can help.Issue:I logged in earlier and everything was normal - login screen, account/profile, desktop files, theme, etc. While I was trying to print as PDF, a simple 1page email, I noticed it would save or load the save locations. Waited several minutes and nothing while my Task Manager showed 100% utilization of my disks when I only had 1 mailbox opened.I restarted my machine, and it took long to load my sign-in screen. When I did, it was the same profile as usual... but my desktop, task

:)

aben22, Apr 23, 2022

2. Windows 10 user profile 5.4 GB normal?

Can it be normal? Definitely! It all depends on what you as a user put in there. If you keep your movie collection in your profile, 2TB could be considered normal. Is it normal for a brand new, still unused profile? Probably not.

It's good to know what windows keeps in your profile. It's basically everything that's personal to you as a user such as:

• Your personal settings
    • Your document libraries such as documents, videos, pictures, etc.
    • Whatever data or cache your installed software decides to put there.
    • Applications and apps that are installed in your user profile instead of the Program Files folder such as some versions of Chrome.

BloodPhilia, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Berton Win User
    User/profile is downloads folder

The "C:\Users\User\Downloads" is normal, Users is default with Windows install and User is the log-in name created when Windows is first set up. The default Folders list such as Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc., is normal under C:\Users\User\.

Berton, Apr 23, 2022
  4. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

Thema:

1. Empty Desktop, My Documents, Pictures but logged normally in my User Profile - Similar Threads - Empty Desktop Documents

2. My Documents is Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents is Empty: Hi guys,I am running Windows 10, "Documents" folder all the sudden is empty. And no its not in C:/Users . I think I know part of the problem because also alot of Desktop icons for software that I forgot I had also came back. This might be OneDrive syncing or doing whatever it...
  3. My Documents is Empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Documents is Empty: Hi guys,I am running Windows 10, "Documents" folder all the sudden is empty. And no its not in C:/Users . I think I know part of the problem because also alot of Desktop icons for software that I forgot I had also came back. This might be OneDrive syncing or doing whatever it...
  4. My Documents is Empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Documents and Pictures folder is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents and Pictures folder is empty: As you can see my Documents folder is 100% empty while my Pictures folder doesn't have any pictures in it. But when i go through, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Documents i see all the documents present. same goes for Pictures folder, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Pictures and there are...
  6. Documents and Pictures folder is empty

Documents and Pictures folder is empty: As you can see my Documents folder is 100% empty while my Pictures folder doesn't have any pictures in it. But when i go through, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Documents i see all the documents present. same goes for Pictures folder, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Pictures and there are...
  7. Documents and Pictures folder is empty

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Empty Desktop, My Documents, Pictures but logged normally in my User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty Desktop, My Documents, Pictures but logged normally in my User Profile: Sorry, this is my first time posting. I couldn't find any support / get help / chat from MS.Hope you guys can help.Issue:I logged in earlier and everything was normal - login screen, account/profile, desktop files, theme, etc. While I was trying to print as PDF, a simple...
  9. Empty Desktop, My Documents, Pictures but logged normally in my User Profile

Empty Desktop, My Documents, Pictures but logged normally in my User Profile: Sorry, this is my first time posting. I couldn't find any support / get help / chat from MS.Hope you guys can help.Issue:I logged in earlier and everything was normal - login screen, account/profile, desktop files, theme, etc. While I was trying to print as PDF, a simple...
  10. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.: I wanted to transfer my Pictures from Local Disk: D to Local Disk: CBut I remember, when I set the location in properties of Pictures, I set it as "C:\Users\myusernameI did that coz I wanted the Picture folder to be inside there,But it replaced my myusername instead of...