Windows 10: Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu

Discus and support Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Good morning. Since I updated to the latest Build 928 I disappeared the I Edge icon, I tried to restore the link to the Start menu even if you consider... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DMD, May 4, 2021.

1. DMD
    DMD Win User

Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu

Good morning. Since I updated to the latest Build 928 I disappeared the I Edge icon, I tried to restore the link to the Start menu even if you consider the "Add to Start" operation I get the same problem. I restored the image of the Build .867 Everything ok, when I upgrade to the Build 928 the Edge icon becomes empty. Some idea? Thank you

:)

2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, May 5, 2021
  3. nt62 Win User
    Start Menu Icons

Hello @tony K.

The solutions were "add to desktop" icons for Chrome as requested.
    The original website desktop icon will launch Chrome even if Edge or other browser is default.

The other solution was drag icons to start menu.
    Original website icons as requested are listed in the start menu under "Chrome Apps"

Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu [​IMG]

The requested website icons can also be pinned to the taskbar
    and will run the Chrome​ browser even if Edge or other is the default

Tiles are a different matter.
    Edge does not have any start tabs that can be customized.
    Edge does not have themes that I am aware of.
    Edge does not have any options to add customized wallpapers or animated wallpapers.
    If you run BING - Bing supplies only Bing wallpapers.
    Edge only runs on Windows 10.
    Other contributors will suggest a better way than a desktop icon.

suggested start tab page to OP using different browsers
    did my best - nothing more to add
    I find seeking address bar and browser tabs website icons to be ... forget it.
    A task for a young corporate programmer.
    edgeTILE is an excellent free store app that has options to customize tiles for web urls.

farewell

nt62, May 5, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu prob.jpg

psyko12, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu - Similar Threads - Empty Edge icon

2. Start Menu icons for UWP apps empty rectangles for some Scales?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu icons for UWP apps empty rectangles for some Scales?: Hi,Usually solve this my self but this time I can't figure it out. As the title describes, UWP icons in the Start Menu goes blank for some Scales. In my case all Icons are OK in 150% and above but gone for 100% and 125%The first go missing in my "work" resolutions/scales 125%...
  3. Start Menu icons for UWP apps empty rectangles for some Scales?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu icons for UWP apps empty rectangles for some Scales?: Hi,Usually solve this my self but this time I can't figure it out. As the title describes, UWP icons in the Start Menu goes blank for some Scales. In my case all Icons are OK in 150% and above but gone for 100% and 125%The first go missing in my "work" resolutions/scales 125%...
  4. Start Menu icons for UWP apps empty rectangles for some Scales?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu is completely empty.

Start Menu is completely empty.: For a while now my start menu has been completely empty I tried DISM and SFC tools but they didn't do anything. I also tried restarting windows explorer and I tried restarting my laptop ALOT. The Task Menu is fine and nothing is wrong with it, the only problem is that the...
  6. Edge website icons issue in Start Menu

Edge website icons issue in Start Menu: I have recently converted to Edge, but the icons for the website tiles that I pin to the start screen keep disappearing. I can get them back by re-pinning them to the start screen, but I have done this twice now, and it is tedious. Now, the icons have disappeared for a 3rd...
  7. 2020! Edge icon missing, Start menu not functioning.

2020! Edge icon missing, Start menu not functioning.: Click START = Search bar disappears for a moment I have tried all the "fixes" listed for the since 2015 no luck. powershell Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  8. Windows start menu is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start menu is empty: Some time ago I suddenly lost all menu tiles. I can create new tiles but all previous tiles are gone. I've created new ones for the programs I frequently use but nothing for those programs I seldom use. Does anyone know what caused this? Years ago before I retired I seem to...
  9. Empty menu start

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty menu start: Hello, since I remember i had problem with menu start on W10 - before format and now. after format I didn't seen problem untill i istalled uTorrent. I uninstalled it, restarted PC and it still looks like that. That's how it looks: [img] Unfortunately i forgot to set...
  10. Start Menu > Power Submenu is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu > Power Submenu is empty: Hello! I am new here, but I have a problem that I can't seem to find the answer to. Here is an image of what I am experiencing. [img] Has anyone come across this and found a solution? I'm running Window 10 Home Edition on an MSI CX61 Laptop. Thank you! 40632