Windows 10: Empty folder consuming 150gb

Discus and support Empty folder consuming 150gb in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop with 450gb of C drive Windows 10. It was showing 220gb used. Although i have a lot of softwares in my laptop i thought of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tanny.P, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Tanny.P Win User

Empty folder consuming 150gb

I have an ASUS laptop with 450gb of C drive Windows 10. It was showing 220gb used. Although i have a lot of softwares in my laptop i thought of deleting the program files of the ones which i dont use.

When i analysed the storage distribution i found out that the space consumed by program files and windows is not that much.

But there was one folder under programdata - Asus - VirtualDrive which was using 150gb of the space. When i opened it the folder was empty.

What should i do with that folder now ?

I want to clear up some space for new softwares but i dont know whether it would be safe to delete that folder.

Can anyone please help me with this issue.

:)

Tanny.P, Dec 22, 2020

2. How I Free'd Almost 150GB From HDD

The 3-Steps I took to Clean almost 150GB fromm my PC

The first thing I did was to uninstall unwanted and unused programs. GBs Free'd: about 10

The Second thing I did was empty my downloads folder. GBs Free'd: about 75

The Third thing I did was use CCleaner Free to clean my system. GBs Free'd about 65

And for good measures I defragmented my hard drive.

This thread is not really a guide, but more or less a suggestion on how to do the same.

I hope you found some use from this *Wink.

CaveJohnson, Dec 22, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Empty folder consuming 150gb

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Empty folder consuming 150gb

1. Empty folder consuming 150gb - Similar Threads - Empty folder consuming

2. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  3. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  4. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Empty Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty Folders: I have a number of empty folders that I'd like to clean up in my music directory. In Windows 11, I can no longer search for 0 byte folders. How to remove them automatically?There are a number of freeware tools out there, none I've found work for Windows 11. This should be...
  6. Empty Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Folders: I have a number of empty folders that I'd like to clean up in my music directory. In Windows 11, I can no longer search for 0 byte folders. How to remove them automatically?There are a number of freeware tools out there, none I've found work for Windows 11. This should be...
  7. folder icons : empty folder

folder icons : empty folder: I am in process of downloading thousands of photo files into hundreds of subfolders... I am finding that LOTS of these subfolders do not contain ANY photo files aka: empty...QUESTION: Is there a way/method of using the subfolders ICONS to determine if there are any files in...
  8. Suddenly, about 150GB of files were deleted. 150GB .

Suddenly, about 150GB of files were deleted. 150GB .: : KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION Stop code : KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION 150GB . After closing all the programs and folders I was using, I was watching YouTube through Google Chrome, and the computer stopped when the stop code appeared on the blue screen, and I rebooted it,...
  9. This folder is empty

This folder is empty: Hi guys, We have a Windows 10 Pro computer that for some reason seems to lose it's files on any attached USB drives. At the moment if I select properties of the USB drive I see that the USB drive has 92GB used, but opening the USB drive itself all the folders are there...
  10. Empty Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Folders: Hello, While making some search for a file in the system, I found by the way, hundreds of empty folders in the C:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\ How about deleting them ? Thanks 72628