Windows 10: Empty folder in task scheduler

Discus and support Empty folder in task scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I open task scheduler as administrator. I navigate to Microsoft, Windows, RAC. The task is empty. The RAC folder is System32 is there, but empty as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mexifer, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Mexifer Win User

Empty folder in task scheduler

I open task scheduler as administrator. I navigate to Microsoft, Windows, RAC. The task is empty. The RAC folder is System32 is there, but empty as well. The reason I looked is that my Reliability Monitor is no longer an option in Security and Maintenance.
    I've been having some issues with Security and Maintenance. Malwarebytes Premium and AVAST free should show up under Security. It doesn't. Only UAC. I'm not sure if there is a connection but something is wrong....
    I've attached the screenshot of the empty task scheduler RAC folder.

:)

Mexifer, Jul 19, 2017
  2. SarahKong Win User

Defender

No but you can create a task to empty your recycle bin on a schedule if that is what you are looking for.

Go to your search and search for Task Scheduler and open it.

Right click the Task Scheduler Library and select New Folder

Name the folder what you want. For example mine is called My Tasks for all the task that i manually create.

Highlight the folder and then click Create Task.

On the General task enter the name Empty Recycle bin.

On the Triggers click New

Select to begin the task on a schedule. (or you can do it when you log off your machine, this is what I do)

On the Actions tab, click New.

Under Settings, on Programs/script enter cmd.exe.

Under Settings, on Add arguments enter the following argument and click OK:

/c "echo Y|PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -Command Clear-RecycleBin"

Click OK to complete the task. And that's it.

You can test if you want by right clicking the task and selecting Run.

SarahKong, Jul 19, 2017
  3. abvvvv Win User
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

It creates a new empty "UpdateOrchestrator" folder, Triggers, Next Run Times etc. in Task Scheduler are different, but I still can't disable the task. I changed the name of the "UpdateOrchestrator.bad" folder back and the values changed back to the old ones,

but I still can't do anything. I tried to make a new folder inside Task Scheduler in the same "UpdateOrchestrator" folder just to see what would happen and it also said

---------------------------

Task Scheduler

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

OK

but I had no problem making a new folder inside a different folder. (UNP) BUT I also seem to can't disable Tasks from other folders (or at least UNP)

abvvvv, Jul 19, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

It is a mystery of the gods why it has had that behavior for a very long time. RAC = Reliability Monitor Data Collection. RAC is mainly used for troubleshooting or attempting to push your system to its limits. How to work with Windows 10’s Reliability Monitor | CIO RAC does come in handy when managing SSD's.

Technet has everything you need to know. See Windows 10 Creator Update Troubleshooting: Diagnostic Tools - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki
    for all of the information aviable.

bro67, Jul 19, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    I don't think it is connected. None of my clean installed 10 Pro systems have a RAC folder in task scheduler at all. Did you upgrade from Windows 7 by any chance? The folder could have been left when the upgrade deleted the task. MS keep changing how it works - Vista had RacAgent, Windows 7 had RacTask, after that Reliability Monitor data just comes from event logs I believe.

Empty folder in task scheduler [​IMG]

Can you post a couple of screen prints of security and maintenance with the dropdowns expanded so we can see exactly what things are missing. Like this:

Try also opening Reliability monitor directly if it isn't seen in System and Maintenance and see if it works (search for "reliability" then pick "View reliability history")

6. Mexifer Win User
    Ok. I fixed my Security Center issue and I can now get to the Reliabilty Monitor. Not sure what caused the issue but something was obviously corrupted. I rebuilt WBEM repository using http://support.eset.com/kb217/?locale=en_US

I didn't take screenshots but before I fixed the Security Center, it was missing much of what your screenshot shows. Now it is showing similar to yours. I checked the RAC folder is now gone but the entry in task scheduler remains and is blank. No problem though at this point.
    Thanks for you replies!

Mexifer, Jul 19, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    I upgraded from Windows 7 and can confirm that I have an empty RAC folder in task scheduler. I have none of the problems reported in the OP.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Empty folder in task scheduler - Similar Threads - Empty folder task

2. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: I want to schedule a video file using task scheduler and the task scheduler is working properly and the wizard opens where I have to choose an application to run the video file but when I select VLC or Power Media Player, it shows these errors: Why is it happening?...
  3. Task to be scheduled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task to be scheduled: Hi,My requirement is that systemwhich flap is down and it is shutdown should turn on daily 7 amIt should open MS Teams and certain more apps.I tried the Windows Task scheduler but No such optionCan anyone suggest any Program for this or guide me for this requirement in Task...
  4. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler: Hey r/windows10, I'm trying to use Task Scheduler, and struggling. I've looked around on the internet for solutions, but either my searches aren't worded right, or this isn't a common question, but essentially what I'm trying to do is make my computer shut down at 2am if I...
  5. Task scheduler activate task after change in folder

Task scheduler activate task after change in folder: Hello, I want to create a windows task that activates when a change in a folder is detected. I have everything set up, except I have no clue how to set the Trigger, that activates the task. If anyone knows how to do it, I'd be grateful for an answer submitted by...
  6. Task Scheduler is Empty and wont run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is Empty and wont run: i tried installing a certain app, but that said it needed task scheduler to run, so i tried running that, but my windows laptop just wont run it at all. i dont know what to do anymore, i a lot of commands, but none of them work [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Task scheduler

Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  8. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  9. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to empty folder in task scheduler