Windows 10: Empty folder on desktop

Discus and support Empty folder on desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just had an empty folder titled "removeable storage devices" appear on my desktop. I have no idea where it came from. I cannot delete it. Can anybody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RomanGrant, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Empty folder on desktop

I just had an empty folder titled "removeable storage devices" appear on my desktop. I have no idea where it came from. I cannot delete it. Can anybody tell me what it is or why it appeared?

:)

RomanGrant, Sep 20, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 20, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Sep 20, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Empty folder on desktop

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Empty folder on desktop

1. Empty folder on desktop - Similar Threads - Empty folder desktop

2. Desktop folder covers all present folders, but desktop folder inside user folder is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder covers all present folders, but desktop folder inside user folder is empty: Hi all,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and there seems to be a problem with my desktop folder, a few remarks to get started:- shortcuts are present on my desktop- I have a desktop folder which covers all the other folders + shortcuts, but the folders are not showing up on...
  3. Desktop folder covers all present folders, but desktop folder inside user folder is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop folder covers all present folders, but desktop folder inside user folder is empty: Hi all,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and there seems to be a problem with my desktop folder, a few remarks to get started:- shortcuts are present on my desktop- I have a desktop folder which covers all the other folders + shortcuts, but the folders are not showing up on...
  4. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and documents folders empty or missing: Hello, I've built a PC about 5 years ago, and finally had the need to upgrade this past week. I ended up swapping out most components, only re-using the case and fans. After my new PC was fully set up, I installed Windows 10 Pro and all applications on my new SSD. I kept my...
  5. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and documents folders empty or missing: Hello, I've built a PC about 5 years ago, and finally had the need to upgrade this past week. I ended up swapping out most components, only re-using the case and fans. After my new PC was fully set up, I installed Windows 10 Pro and all applications on my new SSD. I kept my...
  6. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows update - Empty files on desktop folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update - Empty files on desktop folder: [ATTACH] Computer auto-updated after a restart a few weeks ago. I just noticed a folder on my desktop looks like this. Every file inside it has a duplicate and they’re both empty and won’t open. I don’t have a backup and it won’t let me go back to the previous version of...
  8. Empty folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty folder on Desktop: For some reason, a folder called "Moba" keeps appearing on my desktop. It is empty but every few days it appears out of nowhere. Anyway to track which programme is creating this? I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (Build 19042.746). Thanks https://imgur.com/a/sSSkfjz...
  9. Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?: So my father has the problem that nothing is displayed on the desktop of his laptop. Even after he reboots. In the files folder under the desktop, the files that are no longer visible are stored normally. Whatever he changed, how do you fix it? It's a Windows 10 laptop if...
  10. Desktop folder stuck with an "empty folder" icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder stuck with an "empty folder" icon: This is what I see from my user folder: the desktop is now an "empty folder" icon and I am not able to change it back to the original icon. [ATTACH] I even tried every method on this well made guide but nothing worked....