Windows 10: Empty folders after W10 update 1809

Discus and support Empty folders after W10 update 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a critical issue. A few hours ago I updated my laptop to the 1809 Windows 10 version. After the reboot my Documents and Pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gianmarco Ria, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Empty folders after W10 update 1809

Hi everyone, I have a critical issue. A few hours ago I updated my laptop to the 1809 Windows 10 version. After the reboot my Documents and Pictures folders are empty! Desktop, Download and Music folders are ok. In the C: disk a windows.old folder has been created but the folders inside are also empty.

In C:\Users\my_name and in C:\Users\my_name\Onedrive I have duplicate folders. The Download folder containing my files is outside of Onedrive, while Desktop folder containg old files is insiede Onedrive.

Finally I tried a search of old files using command prompt (by administrator). None of my files were found.

Has anyone having this issue?

Thank you in advance

:)

Gianmarco Ria, Oct 4, 2018

2. Not all Hotmail Folders are Updated

MichaelSingapore, Oct 4, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    [Updated]AMD/ATi 2D Clock Guide

Ever since Catalyst 11.6, AMD has changed things around somewhat since the previous guide with the HD 5XXX series. Here's the updated guide on how to set your 2D clocks where you want them. Please let me know if anything can be made clearer in this guide. Enjoy!

[heading]Step 1[/heading]
    • Open AMD Vision Control Center (Advanced View).
    • Presets.
    • Add Preset.
    Empty folders after W10 update 1809 clocks1.jpg

[heading]Step 2[/heading]
    • Enter a profile name in the field.
    • Tick "Save" then close. Do not activate the profile yet.
    Empty folders after W10 update 1809 clocks2.jpg

[heading]Step 3[/heading]
    • Now you will need to make sure you can view hidden folders on your system by going to the Control
    Panel-->Folder Options-->View tab and select "Show hidden files, folders and drives." Close.

• Go to your "My Documents" folder and open the AppData folder. From there open the Local folder->ATi->ACE then right click the Profiles document (Not the folder yet) and tick edit.
    • Highlight everything and tick Copy. Close.
    • Now open the Profiles folder then right click and tick edit on the profile (that you named earlier). Delete the entries in there, then paste in what you copied just earlier.
    Empty folders after W10 update 1809 clocks3.jpg

Empty folders after W10 update 1809 clocks4.jpg

• From there you change the two values below. As I indicate in the picture I'm using CrossFire so I have two entries to change. Input the 2D clocks you want, then Save.
    • Save it then right click the CCC icon and activate your profile

Empty folders after W10 update 1809 clocks5.jpg

Empty folders after W10 update 1809 clocks6.jpg

erocker, Oct 4, 2018
  4. monim1 Win User

Empty folders after W10 update 1809

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Empty folders after W10 update 1809

1. Empty folders after W10 update 1809 - Similar Threads - Empty folders W10

2. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  3. Folder empty after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder empty after update: I just restarted my computer as a part of a Windows update and a seemingly random folder is now empty. I'm checking other folders but so far have not found any others. It was a folder in my pictures folder that contained sub folders and video and picture files. Documents,...
  4. Folder empty after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder empty after update: I just restarted my computer as a part of a Windows update and a seemingly random folder is now empty. I'm checking other folders but so far have not found any others. It was a folder in my pictures folder that contained sub folders and video and picture files. Documents,...
  5. Folder empty after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. W10 1809 to 1903 update

W10 1809 to 1903 update: Lenovo ThinkCentre E73, I have updated from W10 1809 to 1903 and the PC has now gone really slow and having issues with admin rights, I have chkdsk'd and scannow'd' but no issues found. Tried an inplace update in case windows was corrupted and get the message some hardware on...
  7. W10 deleted my empty folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 deleted my empty folders?: I had some folders with music and media in general. Some of them where empty, just to remind me what I had to download later. Today I wake up, turn on my computer and notice they are not there anymore. WTF MICROSOFT? Can someone relate to that? How can I solve it? I'm...
  8. Script failure after W10 update to 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Script failure after W10 update to 1809: I've been using a little script to launch an application in a "kiosk-like" mode. Basically, upon login, the a registry entry calls the script, the script launches the exe, and then script waits for you to exit the app. When you exit, it reboots the PC. The problem is...
  9. W10 1809 update freezes PC

W10 1809 update freezes PC: updating a Dell laptop from W10 1803. At 100% complete on W10 1809 update, it has frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del & Power button have no effect. No idea on how I can reboot! Any ideas?...
  10. W10 1809 is out.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 1809 is out.: Download Windows 10 121631

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 mail folders empty