Windows 10: Empty folders being automatically deleted

Discus and support Empty folders being automatically deleted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My empty folders on the Documents one are automatically deleted against my will. 144775 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Random guy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Empty folders being automatically deleted

My empty folders on the Documents one are automatically deleted against my will.

:)

Random guy, Nov 19, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Empty folders being automatically deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Empty folders being automatically deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 19, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Empty folders being automatically deleted

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Empty folders being automatically deleted

1. Empty folders being automatically deleted - Similar Threads - Empty folders being

2. Empty folders keep being downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty folders keep being downloaded: A folder named This idea must die_ scientific ideas that are blocking -- Brockman, John, 1941- editor -- 2015 -- New York_ Harper Perennial -- 9780062374349 -- cce1ac6f871ad7eef403aa9a2f58a3b7 -- Anna’s Archive_2024-02-20_22-57-10 is being created every second except the...
  3. Empty folders keep being downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty folders keep being downloaded: A folder named This idea must die_ scientific ideas that are blocking -- Brockman, John, 1941- editor -- 2015 -- New York_ Harper Perennial -- 9780062374349 -- cce1ac6f871ad7eef403aa9a2f58a3b7 -- Anna’s Archive_2024-02-20_22-57-10 is being created every second except the...
  4. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?

Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?: 2 questions 1. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?2. is it safe to delete empty folders in pc storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-empty-folders-in-onedrive/d0a52d54-3369-4e3d-b341-25c16d84320e
  5. Unable to delete an empty folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete an empty folder: I'm getting error message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program." The folder structure is: Documents/LOGS/Documents/Daily Logs Documents/LOGS/Documents/Musings Documents/LOGS/Documents/TEDHNICAL/...
  6. Files are being Deleted Automatically

Files are being Deleted Automatically: Help! My desktop files and any other file I create is being deleted automatically. My pc was working ok on 11/01. But by 11/05 I noticed I could not create a folder on my desktop or in my documents. If I try to open a file, it gets deleted automatically. It deletes the new...
  7. New downloads being automatically deleted from downloads folder

New downloads being automatically deleted from downloads folder: ive been trying to play roblox open downloaded files from https://wearedevs.net/exploits but it automatically delets when i open it any help?...
  8. Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete: Hi All, I have emptied an unused Folder and tried to delete it from my list of Folders. It is now a sub-folder and displays under the Deleted folder. When I right click to delete the folder and asked do I really want to delete it, a message appears at the top of the screen...
  9. W10 deleted my empty folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 deleted my empty folders?: I had some folders with music and media in general. Some of them where empty, just to remind me what I had to download later. Today I wake up, turn on my computer and notice they are not there anymore. WTF MICROSOFT? Can someone relate to that? How can I solve it? I'm...
  10. emails being deleted automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    emails being deleted automatically: So, even emails that I've saved in folders are disappearing. I know this issue has been addressed a million times, but I can't find the most recent posts very easily. I want to save some emails. What can I do to keep them from getting deleted. Is the only way to copy them...