Windows 10: Empty folders transfer to USB when inserted

Discus and support Empty folders transfer to USB when inserted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm unsure how it started, but I think a file transfer between a USB external SSD to another SSD failed. Since then almost every time I insert a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimHennessy1, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Empty folders transfer to USB when inserted

I'm unsure how it started, but I think a file transfer between a USB external SSD to another SSD failed. Since then almost every time I insert a USB thumb drive or SSD external drive, a series of empty folders automatically copies to the drive. I've deleted the folders numerous times and have searched 'This PC' to find if the folders that appear have a source. I've tried disk clean up and clearing temp files. Still almost every time I insert a USB device, the series of empty folders appears.

:)

TimHennessy1, Mar 30, 2020

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 30, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Empty folders transfer to USB when inserted

how to transfer with folder

Hi kiasuteo,

Do you transfer or drag and drop to your memory card or Mass storage?

If you drop files into your memory card, you will need to go to your music player and under options refresh the library so the device can search for any files associated with the player.

Check out the following steps to ensure it is what you're doing.

1. Select setting for USB connection
    • Press the Menu key.
    • Press Settings.
    • Press Connectivity.
    • Press USB.
    • Press Mass storage.
    • Press the Menu key to return to standby mode.
    2. Connect phone and computer
    • Connect the data cable to the phone socket and to your computer's USB port.
    3. Transfer audio files
    • Start a file manager on your computer and find your phone in the computer's file system.
    • Go to the required folder in your computer's file system.
    • Highlight the required audio file and move or copy it to your phone.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

haZey

haZey---01, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Empty folders transfer to USB when inserted

1. Empty folders transfer to USB when inserted - Similar Threads - Empty folders transfer

2. showing "this folder is empty" when its not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    showing "this folder is empty" when its not: since i updated my pc from windows 7 to 10 i have had some problems with the local disk Dfor example it shows that the folder is empty but when i search something it shows so its not empty how can i fix it?...
  3. Empty folders disappear from USB Drive

Empty folders disappear from USB Drive: Hi, Empty folders gets delete from any USB drive in the computer.If I create a folder on the drive, it gets instantly removedI can copy folders to the drive no problem, but if they are empty, they get deleted.There is no problem if the folders are not empty, then they work...
  4. Empty folders disappear from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty folders disappear from USB Drive: Hi, Empty folders gets delete from any USB drive in the computer.If I create a folder on the drive, it gets instantly removedI can copy folders to the drive no problem, but if they are empty, they get deleted.There is no problem if the folders are not empty, then they work...
  5. Empty folders disappear from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Empty folders

Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  7. Some USB folders show empty after transferring additional files

in Windows 10 Support
    Some USB folders show empty after transferring additional files: My PC (windows 10) has a 1TB drive. I have a large file of 175 GB which has three separate folders in it. I was trying to transfer these files to a USB with a capacity of 256 GB. I transferred one folder without a problem. But when I transfer he second folder, some of the...
  8. Screen flashes inverted colors when entering folders or inserting a USB.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flashes inverted colors when entering folders or inserting a USB.: Hey, Im having an issue where if I insert a USB into my PC it flashes inverted colors or enter a folder. I have some footage of this happening to prove this. This can't be the monitor glitching because my recording software can see it too. Folder Flashes:...
  9. Screen Flash When insert USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Flash When insert USB: I have Asus X512FJ, with new Windows updates It displays Flashing when I insert a USB I reset windows I reinstalled drivers can't fix that, but it not flashing when on battery only flashing display on charging mode please tell me someone what I have to do??...
  10. BSOD when inserting portable usb hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when inserting portable usb hdd: My Hp Notebook automatically starts a BSOD restart cycle when I insert my Seagate 3TB portable hdd. I can't even get to the boot screen, it's just a nonstop cycle. I tried safe mode, that also continued the cycle once the usb was inserted. If I take that hard drive out, and...