Windows 10: Empty Folders

Discus and support Empty Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, While making some search for a file in the system, I found by the way, hundreds of empty folders in the C:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Empty Folders

Hello,
    While making some search for a file in the system, I found by the way, hundreds of empty folders in the
    C:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\
    How about deleting them ?
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Dec 15, 2016
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Empty Folders

Hi Richard,

Deleting folders in your computer may require you to check the contents of each specific folder. There are instances that the folders that you are about to delete contains essential system files that may cause your computer to misbehave when it is deleted.
    We would like to learn more about the challenges that you are having with your Windows 10 computer. Please answer the questions below so we can better assist you:

• What specific file/folder are you trying to delete?
    • Where are these files stored?
    • Would you be able to provide us a screenshot of the files/folders that you are contemplating to delete? Here is a
      link on how to include a screenshot on your post.

Note: Please exclude any personal information that may be included on the screenshot to protect your privacy.

Dyan Rey, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Empty Folders

How do I know which empty folders are safe to delete?

RichardHunter1, Dec 15, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Empty Folders

AppData Local's stuff can be safely deleted. ProgramData temp's stuff can also be safely deleted.
    Not the directories themselves, just the contents *Smile
    Now, some [dis][agree] concerning Windows Prefetch and Recent.

RolandJS, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    I've emptied the Prefetch Folder with the only issue being just a bit more time in opening files I had previously opened.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Empty Folders

1. Empty Folders - Similar Threads - Empty Folders

2. File Explorer Folders are sometimes empty

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folders are sometimes empty: Hi, I have been having problems opening folders. Sometimes they are empty. Properties show 0kb. Where have my files that were in the folders gone?? Just now I tried to open an excel and got big red X "This file does not have an app associated with it . . . Please install an...
  3. Updates 4.04 GB but SoftwareDistribution folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updates 4.04 GB but SoftwareDistribution folder is empty.: [ATTACH] Hello, I'm having an issue in which according to settings, the updates are taking 4.04 GB of space. Is there any way to clean it? I already checked SoftwareDistrubition/Download and it's empty there. Can someone please help me with this issue? Thank you....
  4. Recovery folder is empty but still takes up 15 gb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery folder is empty but still takes up 15 gb: WINDOWS 10, HP LAPTOP, SSD, IDK THE GRPAHICS CARD (sorry it deleted my title cause it was having trouble loading and I just wrote one fast) Short version as title says, long version: I believe my fan is what's causing the funny noises and is slowing my laptop down. Was told...
  5. Should i be worried about empty, inaccessible antivirus folders?

Should i be worried about empty, inaccessible antivirus folders?: [ATTACH] I noticed some "empty" folders from antivirus that I never installed on my computer (not counting Malwarebytes), should I worry about these folders? I am uploading 2 screenshots, the second screenshot shows "You do not currently have permission to access this...
  6. i am not able to delete this empty folder

i am not able to delete this empty folder: [ATTACH] i tried to delete it in safe mode too but this folder never disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-delete-this-empty-folder/d3e8d75e-9a9d-413b-b086-5f28b83d1352
  7. Empty folder consuming 150gb

Empty folder consuming 150gb: I have an ASUS laptop with 450gb of C drive Windows 10. It was showing 220gb used. Although i have a lot of softwares in my laptop i thought of deleting the program files of the ones which i dont use. When i analysed the storage distribution i found out that the space...
  8. Empty Windows Defender Exclusions page, I had some folders here but now I can't add or see...

Empty Windows Defender Exclusions page, I had some folders here but now I can't add or see...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iagob1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg2ixx/empty_windows_defender_exclusions_page_i_had_some/
  9. syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder?: why is this file not appearing in file manager? syncbackfree shows it's name with a backup error What's going on here? Dont like this strange issue. [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - cmd dir shows folder empty, so what is going on with it? [img] - - - Updated - - -...
  10. Music and videos folders replaced by empty ones after restart

Music and videos folders replaced by empty ones after restart: What I did before: I installed iTunes and iCloud, the latter needed the PC to restart, so I did. The PC restarted, and the lock screen appeared. However, I couldn't type or click anything, both my keyboard and mouse seemed to not be recognized at all. I pressed and held the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i know which empty folders are system folders