Windows 10: Empty Folders

Discus and support Empty Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, While making some search for a file in the system, I found by the way, hundreds of empty folders in the C:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Empty Folders

Hello,
    While making some search for a file in the system, I found by the way, hundreds of empty folders in the
    C:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\
    How about deleting them ?
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Dec 15, 2016
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Empty Folders

Hi Richard,

Deleting folders in your computer may require you to check the contents of each specific folder. There are instances that the folders that you are about to delete contains essential system files that may cause your computer to misbehave when it is deleted.
    We would like to learn more about the challenges that you are having with your Windows 10 computer. Please answer the questions below so we can better assist you:

• What specific file/folder are you trying to delete?
    • Where are these files stored?
    • Would you be able to provide us a screenshot of the files/folders that you are contemplating to delete? Here is a
      link on how to include a screenshot on your post.

Note: Please exclude any personal information that may be included on the screenshot to protect your privacy.

Dyan Rey, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Empty Folders

How do I know which empty folders are safe to delete?

RichardHunter1, Dec 15, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Empty Folders

AppData Local's stuff can be safely deleted. ProgramData temp's stuff can also be safely deleted.
    Not the directories themselves, just the contents *Smile
    Now, some [dis][agree] concerning Windows Prefetch and Recent.

RolandJS, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    I've emptied the Prefetch Folder with the only issue being just a bit more time in opening files I had previously opened.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Empty Folders

1. Empty Folders - Similar Threads - Empty Folders

2. Folders full of hospital info NOW EMPTY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders full of hospital info NOW EMPTY: I am an 80 year old USMC veteran. I have Had a hundred messages back and forth with my doctor and I have put these as well as a bunch of medical test results in “MIKES U. C. HEALTH FILE. I have a problem where everything is gone and says file empty!!! I just finished a...
  3. Folders full of hospital info NOW EMPTY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders full of hospital info NOW EMPTY: I am an 80 year old USMC veteran. I have Had a hundred messages back and forth with my doctor and I have put these as well as a bunch of medical test results in “MIKES U. C. HEALTH FILE. I have a problem where everything is gone and says file empty!!! I just finished a...
  4. Folders full of hospital info NOW EMPTY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  6. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  7. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

8. Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows: I installed iCloud for Windows in the hope to easily transfer photos from iCloud to my PC. However, even before I fully set up iCloud for Windows, my Pictures folder became empty!I checked properties and there is indeed no file and viewing hidden files also showed nothing.I...
  9. Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows

Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows: I installed iCloud for Windows in the hope to easily transfer photos from iCloud to my PC. However, even before I fully set up iCloud for Windows, my Pictures folder became empty!I checked properties and there is indeed no file and viewing hidden files also showed nothing.I...
  10. New motherboard installed, no network connections. Network and Internet folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New motherboard installed, no network connections. Network and Internet folder is empty.: Hello, I've been attempting to troubleshoot my issue for the past few hours using a variety of different methods but I am quite lost at this point. I've just recently built a brand new computer and after installing Windows 10, I was unable to connect to the internet. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i know which empty folders are system folders