Windows 10: Empty Icon in Overflow popup

Discus and support Empty Icon in Overflow popup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] So I'm not even sure if I used the correct terms for this but as you can see, there is a blank space that moves around in the box as apps are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kylebellamy, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Empty Icon in Overflow popup

Empty Icon in Overflow popup [​IMG]
    So I'm not even sure if I used the correct terms for this but as you can see, there is a blank space that moves around in the box as apps are running. It's directly to the right of the Bluetooth icon.

Right clocking and double clicking don't do anything so I'm wondering how I identify and kill that process.

Any thoughts?

:)

kylebellamy, Nov 9, 2015

2. Move icon from system tray to taskbar permanently

You should turn the system icon off. Try below -

Press and hold or right-click any empty space on the taskbar, tap or click Settings, and then go to Notification area.

Under Notification area:

Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Select specific icons you don’t want to appear on the taskbar. We’ll just move the icon into the overflow area so it’s out of sight.

Turn system icons on or off. Specify which icons you don’t want to appear.

E for Excel, Nov 9, 2015
  3. How Do I Enable the Search Box in Windows 10?

Flow diagram logic assuming the search box is not visible on the taskbar.

1. Is the Cortana icon visible? (a white circle)

Yes. Right click on the Cortana icon. Select "Cortana" from the popup menu. Select "Show search box" from the next popup menu.

No. Right click on an empty location on the taskbar. Select "Cortana" from the popup menu. Select "Show search box" from the next popup menu.

Garrett A.Hughes, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

Empty Icon in Overflow popup

1. Empty Icon in Overflow popup - Similar Threads - Empty Icon Overflow

2. System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar: Greetings! I need help! I am running windows 10 pro with updates Recently i had to force a restart, now the little overflow arrow on the right side of the taskbar is gone and i am not able to access networking, volume, or any recently opened programs like my VPN. I have...
  3. popups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    popups: how to unblock pop ups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popups/313252ad-75a9-4d82-82d8-d6b9fb99205e"
  4. popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    popup: I've been getting "your hard drive will be deleted" message unless I contact the scammer for help. Anyone know how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popup/9bcf2fca-5243-475c-8f97-9537308dee41"
  5. Popups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popups: I've recently been prevented from opening webpages I'm trying to access and I'm being told that I've got popup blockers installed. I haven't installed anything! How do I get rid of them?...
  6. Run time error 6 overflow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run time error 6 overflow: I downloaded a state quarterly wage reporting system (QWRS), when I try to run it I get a run time error 6 overflow. Not sure what to do to get it to run properly....
  7. No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding: [ATTACH] My tray icons is all like this and wont group up with the arrow how can i fix this ran dism and sfc [ATTACH] Someone please help me out...
  8. icons changing to white and empty

in Windows 10 Support
    icons changing to white and empty: I made some shortcuts of my Microsoftgames/store/photos etc. to the desktop , they are ok and stay ok . But when placing these icons ( they are all blue) to an other folder ,they chance to empty white icon ! What can we do to restore these icons , and keep them as they...
  9. White paper icons and empty folders!?

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons and empty folders!?: Hello, I have windows 10 home operating system on my laptop I have a problem with my file folder. when I first open it it shows that it works fine. [img] However I've notice that on the left I see the OS and D drive as white icons. When i access any folders and then...
  10. Windows 10: Explorer "Tile" Icon Empty Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Explorer "Tile" Icon Empty Space: Hi. I have an issue that affects clean installs of Windows 10 x64 v1709 "Fall Creators Update" (OS Build 16299.19) from an ISO downloaded direct from Microsoft. It's not hardware specific, as it happens on my laptop as well as desktop. This issue doesn't affect...