Windows 10: Empty Icon in Overflow popup

Discus and support Empty Icon in Overflow popup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] So I'm not even sure if I used the correct terms for this but as you can see, there is a blank space that moves around in the box as apps are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kylebellamy, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Empty Icon in Overflow popup

Empty Icon in Overflow popup [​IMG]
    So I'm not even sure if I used the correct terms for this but as you can see, there is a blank space that moves around in the box as apps are running. It's directly to the right of the Bluetooth icon.

Right clocking and double clicking don't do anything so I'm wondering how I identify and kill that process.

Any thoughts?

:)

kylebellamy, Nov 9, 2015

2. Move icon from system tray to taskbar permanently

You should turn the system icon off. Try below -

Press and hold or right-click any empty space on the taskbar, tap or click Settings, and then go to Notification area.

Under Notification area:

Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Select specific icons you don’t want to appear on the taskbar. We’ll just move the icon into the overflow area so it’s out of sight.

Turn system icons on or off. Specify which icons you don’t want to appear.

E for Excel, Nov 9, 2015
  3. How Do I Enable the Search Box in Windows 10?

Flow diagram logic assuming the search box is not visible on the taskbar.

1. Is the Cortana icon visible? (a white circle)

Yes. Right click on the Cortana icon. Select "Cortana" from the popup menu. Select "Show search box" from the next popup menu.

No. Right click on an empty location on the taskbar. Select "Cortana" from the popup menu. Select "Show search box" from the next popup menu.

Garrett A.Hughes, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

Empty Icon in Overflow popup

1. Empty Icon in Overflow popup - Similar Threads - Empty Icon Overflow

2. Laptop battery icon not showing in taskbar overflow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop battery icon not showing in taskbar overflow: Updated from Windows 10 to 11 and the battery icon for the laptop isn't showing anymore. It's not in the taskbar overflow settings in personalization. How can i find any information of my battery status?...
  3. Laptop battery icon not showing in taskbar overflow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery icon not showing in taskbar overflow: Updated from Windows 10 to 11 and the battery icon for the laptop isn't showing anymore. It's not in the taskbar overflow settings in personalization. How can i find any information of my battery status?...
  4. 3 Dots missing when taskbar icons overflow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Dots missing when taskbar icons overflow: Whenever I have too many apps open and my taskbar overflows, the three dots that are normally in the taskbar are not present.Things I have tried1. Restarting2. Running sfc3. Post on this forum...
  5. 3 Dots missing when taskbar icons overflow

3 Dots missing when taskbar icons overflow: Whenever I have too many apps open and my taskbar overflows, the three dots that are normally in the taskbar are not present.Things I have tried1. Restarting2. Running sfc3. Post on this forum...
  6. Double "Show Hidden Icons" Button overflow the microphone icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double "Show Hidden Icons" Button overflow the microphone icon on Taskbar: hi everyone,Im having this issue for several months now and no update has helped so far. if I disable the microphone access setting obviously the duplicated icon with the microphone in the background disappears and everything is solved, but obviously I can't use the...
  7. Double "Show Hidden Icons" Button overflow the microphone icon on Taskbar

Double "Show Hidden Icons" Button overflow the microphone icon on Taskbar: hi everyone,Im having this issue for several months now and no update has helped so far. if I disable the microphone access setting obviously the duplicated icon with the microphone in the background disappears and everything is solved, but obviously I can't use the...
  8. folder icons : empty folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder icons : empty folder: I am in process of downloading thousands of photo files into hundreds of subfolders... I am finding that LOTS of these subfolders do not contain ANY photo files aka: empty...QUESTION: Is there a way/method of using the subfolders ICONS to determine if there are any files in...
  9. System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar: Greetings! I need help! I am running windows 10 pro with updates Recently i had to force a restart, now the little overflow arrow on the right side of the taskbar is gone and i am not able to access networking, volume, or any recently opened programs like my VPN. I have...
  10. No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding: [ATTACH] My tray icons is all like this and wont group up with the arrow how can i fix this ran dism and sfc [ATTACH] Someone please help me out...