Windows 10: Empty taskbar and a lot of Application Hang events after logging in to the account

Discus and support Empty taskbar and a lot of Application Hang events after logging in to the account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 21H2 Build: 19044.1766 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz Installed RAM: 8,00 GB When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/usemalloc, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Empty taskbar and a lot of Application Hang events after logging in to the account

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 21H2

Build: 19044.1766

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz

Installed RAM: 8,00 GB

When I change my Windows account, or when I turn on my computer and log in to the account for the first time, it's highly likely that a rather unpleasant problem will occur.

Symptoms:

1. The taskbar isn't actually working. The mouse pointer in the taskbar area takes the form of an hourglass or busy indicator. Only the system time and the Start menu icon are displayed. None of the applications pinned to the taskbar is displayed. Clicking on the taskbar or pressing the Windows key causes the whole screen to be colored in the system accent color for a few seconds (probably it restarts Explorer.exe).
    2. Applications don't load correctly (e.g., Firefox just displays a white background) and report in the Event Viewer about Application Hang. However, Edge and Task Manager manage to start. Explorer also can be opened (Win + E does not work, all applications can only be opened from the command line or the desktop; the desktop itself looks working correctly).
    3. Applications constantly go into a hang. Explorer.exe creates a lot of events with code 1002 (Application Hang).

After about 10 or 15 minutes (usually, but not always), it's like the system boots all the way up and everything starts working normally. Another way to fix the system is to reboot the computer, but it doesn't always help after the first reboot.

What I have tried:

1. Ctrl+Alt+Del works. It manages to open the Task Manager, but it does little good. Restarting Explorer.exe doesn't help, and actually, it seems to restart all the time (I think so, because from time to time taskbar and desktop blink).
    2. I tried using Ctrl+Alt+Del to log out from an account, but if one account got bugged that way it won't help. So Ctrl+Alt+Del is useful only for a reboot...
    3. Popular advice on the internet using DISM and SFC doesn't help at all. Tried several times.
    4. Chkdsk and mdsched don't detect any problems. Checked it several times.
    5. I never installed 3rd party antivirus or suspicious drivers and tried a complete reinstallation of my system in the hope of fixing the problem. But after creating a few accounts the problem reappears. Important clarification: The problem appears on two of my devices with the same version of Windows, that is, it is not an isolated case.
    6. The problem persists in safe mode.

My observations about the bug:

1. The problem doesn't appear as long as there is only one account in the system.
    2. The access level of the account has no effect on the problem.
    3. If one account is bugged and the other is not, then if you change the account to a working one, that account continues to work correctly. If you go back to the account with an empty taskbar, the problem is still there. That is, the error is tied to a specific session.
    4. Alt+Tab does not work, but Ctrl+Win+Alt+Tab (old UI) allows to switch windows.
    5. When described problem appears Explorer.exe consumes less memory than usual. Usually it is about 60 MB instead of 20 MB. After restarting, Explorer.exe uses 37 MB, but after a few seconds the memory consumption drops to 20 MB.
    6. The Task Manager window doesn't move smoothly for some time, and the mouse pointer stays in the place of the first click on the window.
    7. More often the problem appears when I change the account from one to another through the Start menu. Less often the problem appears right after turning the computer on and logging in for the first time (I think in that case it depends on whether or not the account was logged out when the computer was turned off).

I found several posts on the forums with a similar problem, but no one has ever solved it. Maybe someone has encountered or is encountering a similar problem?

Any ideas on how to solve/research the problem?

submitted by /u/usemalloc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/usemalloc, Jun 21, 2022

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Wyatt Win User

Empty taskbar and a lot of Application Hang events after logging in to the account

Event Viewer ID 1002, Application Hang

I get the following error in Event Viewer

Here's the Technical details for the Microsoft Management Console in the Security and Maintenence control panel.

When I click "Check for a solution", I get the following message...

So I started the Windows Error Reporting Service in services.msc then checked for a solution again only to receive the same message.

In all my searching online for a solution, I read somewhere that hyperthreading being enabled is one of the causes for application hangs.

Please help me.

It seems like I'm finding all kinds of info that seems to be dead ends.

Wyatt, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Empty taskbar and a lot of Application Hang events after logging in to the account

1. Empty taskbar and a lot of Application Hang events after logging in to the account - Similar Threads - Empty taskbar lot

2. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!: HiWhen I checked the Event viewer today All the applications and services logs are empty apart from windows power shell.I needed to look at Hardware events in particular.I ran through this I found...
  3. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!: HiWhen I checked the Event viewer today All the applications and services logs are empty apart from windows power shell.I needed to look at Hardware events in particular.I ran through this I found...
  4. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. A lot of critical events in Event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of critical events in Event log: How do I find out what is causing these events? Computer runs fine. Never crashes. Shuts down Windows just fine, yet I get these logs every time I start or restart computer. What is causing it?Error 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  6. A lot of critical events in Event log

A lot of critical events in Event log: How do I find out what is causing these events? Computer runs fine. Never crashes. Shuts down Windows just fine, yet I get these logs every time I start or restart computer. What is causing it?Error 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  7. Event 1002, Application Hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 1002, Application Hang: Good afternoon! When this hang happens computer is almost unusable. When I place the cursor on the taskbar it is loading. I did copy-paste the event description below. Hope you can help with this!- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  8. Event 1002, Application Hang

Event 1002, Application Hang: Good afternoon! When this hang happens computer is almost unusable. When I place the cursor on the taskbar it is loading. I did copy-paste the event description below. Hope you can help with this!- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  9. Event 1002 Application Hang

Event 1002 Application Hang: I get this... Log Name: Application Source: Application Hang Date: 1/12/2020 6:04:04 PM Event ID: 1002 Task Category: 101 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: NancyPC Description: The program explorer.exe...
  10. application hang event

application hang event: I need to get the attached application to run. it has suddenly stopped interacting with windows. attached is the screenshot. the application is kernel.exe. 23973