Windows 10: Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!

Discus and support Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Immediately after startup, a "User Pinned" folder is created on my desktop. The folder is empty, marked read-only, and hidden. This started about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoomerM3, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BoomerM3 Win User

Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!

Immediately after startup, a "User Pinned" folder is created on my desktop. The folder is empty, marked read-only, and hidden. This started about a week ago, without any obvious cause.

I can delete the folder, but it is re-created at the next startup.

I am running Windows 10 (1809 - 17763.194).

How can I stop this?

:)

BoomerM3, Jan 11, 2019

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!

1. Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it! - Similar Threads - Empty 'User Pinned'

2. The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.: There is a game in which save files are saved in the Documents folder with the C:\Users\user\Documents\Game_Name path. I start the game today and the saves are unavailable. I check the Documents folder - everything is in place, all files can be opened. I tried to access...
  3. The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.: There is a game in which save files are saved in the Documents folder with the C:\Users\user\Documents\Game_Name path. I start the game today and the saves are unavailable. I check the Documents folder - everything is in place, all files can be opened. I tried to access...
  4. The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?: Hi, so recently my PIN quit working. For some reason when I boot up my computer it says something like “Something happened and your PIN is unavailable.” And so I have to sign in via password. Once I’m actually on my desktop, I go into settings and try to reset my PIN but it...
  6. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?: Hi, so recently my PIN quit working. For some reason when I boot up my computer it says something like “Something happened and your PIN is unavailable.” And so I have to sign in via password. Once I’m actually on my desktop, I go into settings and try to reset my PIN but it...
  7. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

8. Creating Folders in Users/OS

Creating Folders in Users/OS: Can I create a new folder in my User and/or OS folders I am doing this to create space in my onedrive. Or will this bug out my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-folders-in-usersos/c44b0f5d-5723-4d29-b924-1d8dd62ff091
  9. Quick access folder is empty; pinned locations missing; can not create new pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access folder is empty; pinned locations missing; can not create new pin: My quick access items have all disappeared and I can not pin files or folders there.System spec:Computer: MSI MS-7C02CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Matisse, MTS-B0 4200 MHz 42.00x100.0 @ 4200 MHz 42.00x100.0Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX MS-7C02 BIOS: 3.50, 11/07/2019Memory: 16384...
  10. User folder says empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder says empty: I have just bought a new laptop and have added it to my network, I am trying to open the user file from another computer on the network but when I open it I get a pop up that says the file is empty. I can access it from my little note book and all the files are there but not...