Windows 10: Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!

Discus and support Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Immediately after startup, a "User Pinned" folder is created on my desktop. The folder is empty, marked read-only, and hidden. This started about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoomerM3, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BoomerM3 Win User

Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!

Immediately after startup, a "User Pinned" folder is created on my desktop. The folder is empty, marked read-only, and hidden. This started about a week ago, without any obvious cause.

I can delete the folder, but it is re-created at the next startup.

I am running Windows 10 (1809 - 17763.194).

How can I stop this?

:)

BoomerM3, Jan 11, 2019

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!

1. Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it! - Similar Threads - Empty 'User Pinned'

2. Create User folder image and restore it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create User folder image and restore it: I'm looking for a way to use DISM to create a backup of the User folder and be able to reapply that image back to the drive when needed. I have an image created but I can't get it to apply. I've used the instructions here to move the User folders to a non-SSD drive and would...
  3. Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create Shortcut to User Account Folder: A friend has his user account buried in the Windows folder so any investigation requiring a subfolder that is not listed in his Quick Access requires drilling down...to the Users user account. My user account is at the top of the file explorer listing in the left side...
  4. Empty startup list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty startup list: there is nothing in task manager, MSconfig, and in Windows 10 settings but I found it in ccleaner how to fix it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] sorry for bad english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-startup-list/9a575b2f-6428-4b5c-8c3e-fddf46928bf9
  5. This folder is empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This folder is empty: Hi guys, We have a Windows 10 Pro computer that for some reason seems to lose it's files on any attached USB drives. At the moment if I select properties of the USB drive I see that the USB drive has 92GB used, but opening the USB drive itself all the folders are there...
  6. Create Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create Pin: How to disable create pin screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/create-pin/ec480980-0326-4ca6-b54e-e9c27c7896e1"
  7. Cannot delete User Pin once created

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot delete User Pin once created: Win 10 Home With multiple Users, it appears that once you have created a pin number, you cannot go back and no longer use a PW or PN. Must create a PW first and then you can create a PN You can delete the PW but not the PN 12713
  8. User folder says empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder says empty: I have just bought a new laptop and have added it to my network, I am trying to open the user file from another computer on the network but when I open it I get a pop up that says the file is empty. I can access it from my little note book and all the files are there but not...
  9. Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it: Hi, I've recently done a clean reinstall of Win 10 Pro. As I run the OS on a small SSD and store files and programs on a larger HDD, one of the changes I've made was to move "C:\Users" to "D:\Users", and then create the nessesary junction on the C drive. Additionally,...
  10. Empty Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Folders: Hello, While making some search for a file in the system, I found by the way, hundreds of empty folders in the C:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\ How about deleting them ? Thanks 72628