Windows 10: Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages

Discus and support Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to enable the periodic scanning feature in Windows defender for double securitysince i already McAfee installed but it's completely... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shane19, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Shane19 Win User

Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages

Hello,

I wanted to enable the periodic scanning feature in Windows defender for double securitysince i already McAfee installed

but it's completely empty, like the image below

Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages [​IMG]

so I try to enable Windows Defender in "services" screen, but showing the error message.

Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages [​IMG]

What's wrong with the message?

i heard the windows defender will be automatically disabled when you got a third party antivirus software installed, but then you will get another option in windows defender, the "periodic scanning" as an extra layer of protection, but i don't have that option available on my windows defender panel, plus my windows defender is completely empty, please help

Plus, I also got two error messages from startups

Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages ce92ab6c-4d75-4663-9c48-8fec7fc9662c?upload=true.png

how can i solve these problems?

please help

Thanks

:)

Shane19, Dec 29, 2019

2. error message on startup

looking for a little help with an error message im getting on startup, after windows is fully loaded and im at desktop i get :

"smartbridge alerts: MotiveSB.exe - entry point not found. the procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL."

any ideas?

thnx

*Toast :toast:

intel igent, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages

Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages

1. Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages - Similar Threads - Empty defender security

2. Fix empty Windows 11 Security or Defender App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fix empty Windows 11 Security or Defender App: Split from this thread.Windows 11 windows security app missing Fix empty Windows 11 Security or Defender App https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fix-empty-windows-11-security-or-defender-app/aa0e31bd-9034-43f3-b069-1a64a76f0be3
  3. Startup error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup error message: Dear Sir/MadamHelloI have windows 10 v21H2 ,I have two administrator users one of them the built in administrator , "PC , Administrator"when login in administrator during startup process error message pops up login in PC every thing is okattached print screen for the error...
  4. Startup error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup error message: Dear Sir/MadamHelloI have windows 10 v21H2 ,I have two administrator users one of them the built in administrator , "PC , Administrator"when login in administrator during startup process error message pops up login in PC every thing is okattached print screen for the error...
  5. Error message at Windows Startup

Error message at Windows Startup: Any clues what this message means and how to solve it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-at-windows-startup/c9f5e0bf-43ff-4520-9dc9-348ce15612ad
  6. Startup error message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup error message: "svchost '24/12/2020' is not a valid date." this just showed up for the first time when i turned on a few minutes ago, now everytime i restart it shows up in a dialog box with an "ok" option how can i fix this pls? submitted by /u/hugzs [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows defender security at a glance is empty

Windows defender security at a glance is empty: Does this means that my pc has a virus or malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-at-a-glance-is-empty/51f24fb9-d3e0-45bb-90c7-bab83af3f655
  8. Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty

Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty: Windows Defender keeps deleting/removing/quarantining files but there's no information what was removed. This has happened several different ways, but recently Action Center said something like 3 files removed by Windows Defender. Then I go to Windows Security (Virus & threat...
  9. Error message at startup?

Error message at startup?: Hello, I always get this error message when starting Windows 10. I had deleted the program and had to perform a system reset (another problem) afterwards. Now the message always appears how do I get rid of it? I also reinstalled and uninstalled Skype but that didn't help?...
  10. Empty Windows Defender Security At a Glance Menu

Empty Windows Defender Security At a Glance Menu: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, First of all thanks for the response and help. I was trying to open windows defender today to run a full scan, but I received the blank menu screen as attached on the photo. I tried restarted and shutting down and Windows update but there are no...