Windows 10: Empty windows directory

Discus and support Empty windows directory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop has stopped booting and cannot recover. When I boot from a CD and get into DOS, `dir Windows`, it says there are no files found. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DermotPaikkos, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Empty windows directory

Hi,

My laptop has stopped booting and cannot recover. When I boot from a CD and get into DOS, `dir Windows`, it says there are no files found. All the other directories are there, Users...etc.

The last thing I did prior to this was to enable SMB v1 client and server. I had, prior to that, had a lot of problems with some recent updates and had to use system restore after an update left my laptop in a continious round of booting and attempting to recovery. That was an issue with Intel's `iastora.sys` driver.

I guess I have no chioce but to use the CD and re-install windows unless I hear from someone here of a less arduous plan.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dermot

:)

DermotPaikkos, Jul 24, 2020

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Empty windows directory

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Empty windows directory

1. Empty windows directory - Similar Threads - Empty directory

2. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty: i can't delete a folder! please help! i tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder-error-0x80070091-the/1c769cec-a3cd-41ef-8bd3-4d2a4a15d2a0
  3. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty: i can't delete a folder! please help! i tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder-error-0x80070091-the/1c769cec-a3cd-41ef-8bd3-4d2a4a15d2a0
  4. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My recommended folder is empty in my home directory of windows explorer.

My recommended folder is empty in my home directory of windows explorer.: I am not sure what happened but at the momment there is no quick access menu when i open Home in windows explorer. I cannot see any folders that are ususally there like downloads music documents etc. and my favorites is also empty, I have tried multiple things like resetting...
  6. My recommended folder is empty in my home directory of windows explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My recommended folder is empty in my home directory of windows explorer.: I am not sure what happened but at the momment there is no quick access menu when i open Home in windows explorer. I cannot see any folders that are ususally there like downloads music documents etc. and my favorites is also empty, I have tried multiple things like resetting...
  7. Hacking issue - Outlook account restore and empty folders in the directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacking issue - Outlook account restore and empty folders in the directory: Dear community,Unfortunately my Laptop was hacked a few weeks ago and I had to install Windows from scratch using a usb driver and asking for help at the store.It seems to me that the issue is gone, but I would love to be sure about a few things. Here where I need the Windows...
  8. Hacking issue - Outlook account restore and empty folders in the directory

Hacking issue - Outlook account restore and empty folders in the directory: Dear community,Unfortunately my Laptop was hacked a few weeks ago and I had to install Windows from scratch using a usb driver and asking for help at the store.It seems to me that the issue is gone, but I would love to be sure about a few things. Here where I need the Windows...
  9. SOLVED VLC Media Player SMB Empty Directory when connecting to Windows 11 from Android 9 device

SOLVED VLC Media Player SMB Empty Directory when connecting to Windows 11 from Android 9 device: For a while I have been having a problem connecting to my Windows 11 laptop from VLC Media Player on my Android 9 tablet via SMB. I started having a problem after a major Windows update. I was able to connect before. I made sure I had the latest updates for both Windows and...
  10. SOLVED VLC Media Player SMB Empty Directory when connecting to Windows 11 from Android 9 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED VLC Media Player SMB Empty Directory when connecting to Windows 11 from Android 9 device: For a while I have been having a problem connecting to my Windows 11 laptop from VLC Media Player on my Android 9 tablet via SMB. I started having a problem after a major Windows update. I was able to connect before. I made sure I had the latest updates for both Windows and...