Windows 10: Emptying contents of recycle bin ends up on my desktop

Discus and support Emptying contents of recycle bin ends up on my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is up with that, and why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by terryhueffed1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Emptying contents of recycle bin ends up on my desktop

What is up with that, and why?

:)

terryhueffed1, Jan 13, 2019

2. Empty Recycle Bin Tip

Add Empty The Recyle Bin to right click on your desktop (Works with XP & Vista)

Just Copy the the text below to notepad and save the file .reg (tip.reg) click on the file and there ya go!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]
    @="Empty Recycle Bin"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]
    @="{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]

Morrison5891, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Empty Recycle Bin?

Hi, New here . Lots of questions, but for now....How do I empty the recycle bin. I found how to access "Recycle Bin" on desktop but when I click on it a long list comes up and I have to delete each one individually and even that does not remove them. Where is the old reliable Empty Recycle Bin ??

Jersey Devil, Jan 13, 2019
  4. brummyfan Win User

Emptying contents of recycle bin ends up on my desktop

Empty Recycle Bin?

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, what happens when you right click?

brummyfan, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Emptying contents of recycle bin ends up on my desktop

1. Emptying contents of recycle bin ends up on my desktop - Similar Threads - Emptying contents recycle

2. my recycle bin is empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my recycle bin is empty: Haven't looked at my recycle bin for a long while, but today wanted to retrieve a file I had just deleted. I found my recycle bin empty. I tried the "hidden file" scenario, no, they were not hidden files. Looked at the settings. Did not have automatic delete marked.*Moved...
  3. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly: I have tried using storage sense and setting the recycle bin to automatically empty every 24 hours but this does not help, for some reason it still randomly empties the contents of the recycle bin onto my desktop for no apparent reason. Any insight would be helpful.Thanks....
  4. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly: I have tried using storage sense and setting the recycle bin to automatically empty every 24 hours but this does not help, for some reason it still randomly empties the contents of the recycle bin onto my desktop for no apparent reason. Any insight would be helpful.Thanks....
  5. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Emptied recycle bin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Emptied recycle bin: Hello,I tried speaking to online help but was proptly ignored. My files were all moved to the recycle bin thinking they were still on my hard drive and not just on OneDrive, and then the recycle bin was emptied yesterday. Obviously having seen what happened, and the mistake...
  7. Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop

Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop: I have a really annoying issue where my recycling bin randomly empties itself onto my desktop.I'm using windows 10, and I've tried setting the bin to auto delete files to have less files to dump out but it keeps happening every couple of weeks. I'm quite pedantic about my...
  8. my desktop files end up in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    my desktop files end up in recycle bin: i keep word files on my desktop, windows 10, and find some of them in the recycle bin. I didnt delete them. How can I stop this happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-files-end-up-in-recycle/a0355d89-66b7-421d-af50-e22066391326
  9. Empty Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Recycle Bin: I have recently had a new Hard Drive installe. Having re-installed my software and apps I have a list of 42 files in recycle bin that will not delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-recycle/6bacd00c-4699-478a-9de7-45cab25e6dd3
  10. Empty Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Recycle Bin?: Hi, New here . Lots of questions, but for now....How do I empty the recycle bin. I found how to access "Recycle Bin" on desktop but when I click on it a long list comes up and I have to delete each one individually and even that does not remove them. Where is the old reliable...