Windows 10: emulate hot plug and unplug headset in windows OS 10

Discus and support emulate hot plug and unplug headset in windows OS 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to emulate hotplug and unplug headset scenario for automation purpose , I want a solution something like below , Keep headset connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charlamenan, May 4, 2020.

1. emulate hot plug and unplug headset in windows OS 10

I want to emulate hotplug and unplug headset scenario for automation purpose ,

I want a solution something like below ,

• Keep headset connected always to the computer .
    • Whenever we want to unplug the headset ,use some windows commands/utility/ etcthat will remove the headset endpoint in windows system even though headset is physically still connected to computer
    • Whenever we want to plug the headset , ,use some windows commands/utility/ etc that will make the headset endpoint available in windows system again

So this way we can simulate plug and unplug without physically plugging and unplugging headset every time .Is this possible from OS side .

How is the detection of plug is known to OS ?Thanks for any help ?

:)

charlamenan, May 4, 2020
  2. gdepreux Win User

Switch back to speakers not working after unplugging my headset

Hello,

Can someone explain me how is this still possible with a recent OS (Windows 10)?

Issue:

Step 1: I plug my heasdset -> the sound is switched correctly from the speakers to my headset.

Step 2: I set my computer to sleep mode.

Step 3: I unplug my headset.

Step 4: I wake up my computer. (my headset is not plugged anymore)

Result:

I have no more sound without headset, the sound output is stuck to the jack plug.

Apparently, Windows 10 doesn't check the status of the different I/Os when getting out of sleep mode. (I hope there is another reason, but if this is the case, it is a shame)

So, how do I get my speakers working again, without restarting my computer, please?

Thanks for your help.

gdepreux, May 4, 2020
  3. WeiTeJen Win User
    Windows 10 unable to play sound from USB headset after unplugged and plugged back in

I have a Corsair USB headset, it works fine with all of my USB ports and had no problems when I was using Windows 7. Problem started to occur after I upgraded to Windows 10. It will work fine when I first plug my headset in, but after I unplug it and then
    plug the headset back in later it won't play sound or even let me speak out of my mic on the headset. I've checked in the playback devices and recording, Win 10 will know its there and plugged in but is unable to play any tone. I can plug the headset into
    another USB port and it will work again but if I unplug it and plug it back in the same port I just plugged in it will have the same problem. Right now the only way for my headset to be "recognized" and able to work I have to either restart my pc or reinstall
    the headset device driver.

WeiTeJen, May 4, 2020
  4. Shrout1 Win User

emulate hot plug and unplug headset in windows OS 10

Thunderbolt 2.0 hot plug problems Windows 10

TL;DR:

For some reason hot plugging my Thunderbolt dock is not working correctly on my new laptop. I am trying to determine if I've overlooked a troubleshooting step.

Problem:

If the dock is unplugged after the system has already booted then my USB devices (mouse & keyboard) will not reconnect when the dock is reconnected. Thunderbolt monitor reconnects, but not USB. No power is provided to the keyboard or mouse - keyboard lights do not illuminate & optical sensor on the mouse stays dark. This is resolved with a reboot, but the problem persists.

Hardware / Software:

• Dell Precision M3800
    • BIOS A09 (previously upgraded to A10 before motherboard replacement)
    • Windows 10 (direct upgrade from Windows 7 64 Bit Professional )
    • Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD
    • Thunderbolt (TM) Controller - 157D
      • Device manager hardware ID "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_157D&SUBSYS_11112222&REV_00"
      • This is an Intel hardware ID (fitting as Intel makes Thunderbolt)
    • GRUB bootloader
      • Kali Linux on second hard drive partition

Attempted fixes: (None of these solved the problem)

• All Intel Chipset drivers reinstalled from Dell's website via their tech support's recommendation
    • Driver update on Thunderbolt controller yields "Software for your device is up to date"
    • "Fresco logic USB3.0 host controller" reinstalled
    • Upgraded original OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10
    • Upgraded system BIOS from A09 to A10
    • Had Belkin directly replace the docking station with a new one
    • Had Dell directly replace the system motherboard
      • The new board has the A09 BIOS
    • Stopped and started Thunderbolt (TM) service
    • Booted into Safe mode
      • Thunderbolt works on boot but the thunderbolt service cannot run in safe mode
      • Hot plugging fails to work correctly in safe mode
    • All Thunderbolt devices involved have been authorized in the "Thunderbolt TM Software" and set to "Always Connect"

Other Notes:

• An identical Precision M3800 and Belkin dock were ordered at the same time as my own
      • This other laptop does not have the same problems mine does with hot plugging
      • This other "working" laptop has been used with both docks w/o problems hot plugging
      • The "non-working" laptop has the same problems hot plugging with both docks
      • The working laptop has Windows 10 loaded onto it - it was also upgraded from x64 7 Pro
      • The working laptop does not have GRUB or a second OS installed
    • Cannot locate drivers for the "Thunderbolt 157D controller" on Intel's website.
      • It is possible that this is a rebadged controller they are already manufacturing; complete dearth of information.

Last Thoughts:

• Is there anything obvious I am overlooking?
    • Is there some problem with hot plugging when GRUB is installed or a second OS is on a system?
    • Are there any pieces of system software that typically interfere with hot plugging thunderbolt devices?
    • With this description would a fresh OS reinstall likely fix the issue?

Apologies for the length of this post; thus far commercial tech support has been limited and time consuming. I am hopeful that someone in the community may already be familiar with this issue.

Shrout1, May 4, 2020
Thema:

emulate hot plug and unplug headset in windows OS 10

1. emulate hot plug and unplug headset in windows OS 10 - Similar Threads - emulate hot plug

2. Display Port hot plug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Port hot plug: Hi, I just upgraded my setup with a few new displays on PC. The PC Specs are: Asus Tuf Gaming X570-PlusAMD Ryzen 7 5800X3DMSI Gaming T Trio 3080VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16And the new displays:3x Dell S2721DGF1x LG OLED55C21LAAnd I have the following...
  3. Display Port hot plug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Port hot plug: Hi, I just upgraded my setup with a few new displays on PC. The PC Specs are: Asus Tuf Gaming X570-PlusAMD Ryzen 7 5800X3DMSI Gaming T Trio 3080VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16And the new displays:3x Dell S2721DGF1x LG OLED55C21LAAnd I have the following...
  4. Display Port hot plug

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Headset not detected if unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not detected if unplugged: So recently I've noticed a particular issue with my laptop and my Turtle Beach headset.If I unplug my headset for any reason and then proceed to plug it back in, the laptop will not detect it. I haven't the faintest clue what is causing this as my windows 10 is up to date and...
  6. The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged

The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged: Since upgrading to Windows 10 some time back, I have been unable to use speakers or headphones. Audio devices simply aren't working from either the front or rear jacks. I have tried the troubleshooter which doesn't recognise any devices as being plugged in. All dirvers...
  7. screen brightness plugged in/unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen brightness plugged in/unplugged: Hi, My laptop's screen brightness used to change depending on whether it was plugged in or not. So I could set the brightness to a lower level when not plugged in, to save battery. After the recent updates, I've noticed that this feature doesn't work anymore as plugging in...
  8. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...
  9. Making speakers/headset swappable in Windows 10 (not plugging/unplugging)

Making speakers/headset swappable in Windows 10 (not plugging/unplugging): Hello, I have had the same issues for years. I have a nice gaming headset (Steelseries Arctis 3) and some crappy logitech Speakers. I want to be able to swap between the two without plugging in or unplugging them. I've seen in the taskbar that on other computers you can...
  10. "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..: Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help. Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC. Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections."...