Windows 10: Emulate my video card in VM/VB

Discus and support Emulate my video card in VM/VB in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; is there a way to Emulate my video card in VM/VB? GTX Geforce 970 77871 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Raven2099, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Raven2099 Win User

Emulate my video card in VM/VB

is there a way to Emulate my video card in VM/VB?
    GTX Geforce 970

:)

Raven2099, Feb 21, 2017

2. Will my old programs still workable?

Dear,

I do programming mainly on Java. And I keep several version of Java 6, 7, 8 32bit and 64bit. Will they still workable?

Will all other software still workable?

Like:

Bitdefender antivirus plus 2015

VM player

VirtualBox

Android SDK and Virtual devices emulators

Treepad

office starter (come with my notebook)

MS SQL 2008

MS VS 2008

Android studio

blender 3D

Git

Gradle

and other freeware.

More over, will they still work:

IIS

Powershell

CScript, VBScript (.vbs)

batch (.bat, .cmd)

, etc.

Best Regards,

Antony

Antony Lai, Feb 21, 2017
  3. Install windows 10 on hyper-v running on a windows 10 host licensing - Activation

I don't think that will work. In a Hyper-v VM the hardware is emulated; it is not the same hardware as the base machine. The OS in the VM will fail to activate.

Alan Russell, Feb 21, 2017
  4. pparks1 Win User

Is your video driver not working properly in your VM? Are you trying to play games on the virtual machine?

pparks1, Feb 21, 2017
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    What do you hope to accomplishy with this?
    Emulating even a basic video card in software is a big job for an expert programmer.

LMiller7, Feb 21, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Using VBOX and / or Vmware you can physically specify Monitor size but the "Hypervisor" which is the controlling software in vmware / Vbox will control the graphics -- if your hardware supports it enable 3D graphics and hardware acceleration and give graphics decent RAM size in the machine configurations.

You need to install VBOX additions (VBOX) or Vmware tools (vmware player / workstation) to get best graphics performance.

With decent HOST graphics a VM these days will more than adequately play video / have decent sound etc but nobody really would expect these machines to be "Hot leading edge" gaming machines --older games may be OK on them.

You really need to use things like ESXI (which is quite fussy over hardware) if you need to "pass thru" a lot of physical hardware to a VM.

Photoshop etc also run quite satisfactorily these days on VM's --for extreme gamer type of people though -- a dedicated "gaming" machine is what you really need - depending on the types of games game being played

If you are running as a "client" to a game server -- Steam etc ?? I'm not a gamer so I'm guessing here - then if your HOST graphics card is good enough your Monitor resolution should be able to handle the client -- I can easily get 4K full HD resolution on my monitor on a Linux VM.

Try out a Linux VM for this -- any Linux distro is FREE so you won't have wasted any money in trying and then finding out you can't get the performance you need.

For Linux though when assigning HDD space -if you can dedicate an entire HDD - even 1 - pass it across as a RAW device (make offline to Windows HOST) - and you can speed it up even more using Linux software RAID (mdadm).

Even 1 HDD defined as a RAID 0 will speed up I/O considerably -- yes you can have an array of 1 HDD in RAID 0 -- not always as stupid as it looks -- greatly improved I/O rate !!! - but take backups as with RAID 0 if any probs you can lose data on entire array --- HDD failures these days are fortunately far and few between.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Emulate my video card in VM/VB - Similar Threads - Emulate video card

2. Video Game Emulators Changing Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Game Emulators Changing Volume: I'm using emulators to play old video games. One of them, SNES9X, keeps changing the volume when I hit certain button combinations on the controller. It's really annoying because I'll attack an enemy and suddenly the volume goes full blast and startles me. There was another...
  3. Video Game Emulators Changing Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Game Emulators Changing Volume: I'm using emulators to play old video games. One of them, SNES9X, keeps changing the volume when I hit certain button combinations on the controller. It's really annoying because I'll attack an enemy and suddenly the volume goes full blast and startles me. There was another...
  4. Video Game Emulators Changing Volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. vb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vb: vbgvhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb/83613166-f6f4-4339-851e-a5f28a93c197
  6. vb

vb: vbgvhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb/83613166-f6f4-4339-851e-a5f28a93c197
  7. video card in my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video card in my laptop: my laptop video card what gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-in-my-laptop/e99c9583-8698-4c0a-9ff4-fe7237db2e29
  8. Video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card: How can I determine whether my video card supports hardware encoding of H.264 codec? I am using Cyberlink PowerDirector software version 10 to convert a VHS C tape into an .mp4 file and I have hit a stumbling block. Thanks...
  9. VB

VB: How to inside o visual basic 2019 achieve the horizontal scroll with the mouse wheel. I did it with a modifier key and the mousewheel event but only work when i move the wheel down... HELP, please....
  10. VB 2008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VB 2008: HO INSTALLATO IL SOFT DI VISUALBASIC 8 (2008) SU WINDOWS 10 X64,ho provato a eseguire una procedura con la cponnessione dati un file di access, quando ho effettuato il debug mi appare l'avviso"si è verificato System.InvalidOperationException Messasggio="il provider...